The Mission

From being at a CarMeet that hasn't even got to the cars yet, you were rushed to Base for a mission. Simon followed you. Now on the Cargo Plane, you sit next to Simon before take off.

Checking over your gear, fastening your vest and straps. Simon looks over to you, glaring as he watches you double even triple check your gear. You look to him just as he looks away. He looks to be in a relaxed position, but you knew he had one thing in his mind. Uncertain, it was you that might be on his mind.

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?" You asked softly
He swiftly looks over to you, almost robotically "𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡.." he replies "𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐬.." 𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐬
"𝐌𝐡𝐦.." you simply nod as you adjust you AK47 on your lap. "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" Tilting your head and smiling behind your mask chasing wrinkles besides you eyes.
He observes you, as if he were to think about it. He nods.
"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝.." you replied "𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭,𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝"

The plane finally takes off. You decide to listen to some music and maybe doze off. You do as such. Observing the crews movements and behavior before. You closed your eyes, feeling a vibration on your phone, "𝟐𝟎%". Your phone was going to die soon, you didn't mind as your on a mission. You continued listening to music soon feeling yourself relax more and dozing off.

The cargo plane hit turbulence causing your body to shift and your head landed on Ghosts shoulder. This time, you was half awake. Eyes still shut, you felt him scoot closer to you, keeping your head afloat on his shoulder. Your phone finally dies, but you were comfortable. You didn't bother removing your headphones, yet alone moving back to your original position. You kind of, stayed there. Listening to the commotion and ghosts low breathing. Ghost on the other hand, cold and intimidating as he was.. was surprisingly warm. He didn't move an inch, he thought you were still sleeping. Footsteps can be heard walking around the plane. The engine muffled the steps, making hard for you to determine who's it was. One pair walked closer to you and Ghost. Stopping infront of him and speaking. "Captain Price..".

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮.."
"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰.."
"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭."

Silence came from Ghost. You tried to keep a "sleeping/I didn't hear a thing face". This conversation only fueled your interest in Ghost. Why are they targeting him? What did he do? Why is he going out on the mission then?

Only questions developed with no answers, it was too soon for them anyways. You stays "asleep" and listened.

"𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭.." a painful silence followed ".. 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡.. 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮.."

That hurt.

He just agreed for you to tag along.. Price being captain, he is going to pair you with someone else. Or even have you do a task away from the team. You knew this. But that isn't going to keep you away from Ghost NOR have him get K.I.A.. not if you die first.

Ghost didn't reply to Price. He didn't move neither. Price then left, and you felt the familiar feeling, the same chills when Ghost looks at you. The plane shakes again, this time you took the opportunity to "wake up". Having your eyes droopy from the original nap, your rising made it believe you was asleep this entire time.