Night Zed

You stood on your room, with what's rest of your gear laid out on the floor. You stare as you analyze each piece and think deeply of how to execute your plan with and without the team. You could feel yourself get deeper and deeper into this put of fire as you get reminded one one thing after another. Questions and self answered thoughts rush by and you dissociate alone. You hand fall to your side as you gaze over your hand selected guns.

"I need more" you whisper to yourself

"More?" Simon hushed voice sounded from the side, you look calmly over to him. Him sitting in the bed, casually sitting there reading a novel. Legs crossed and grandpa looking.

"More guns." You said before turning fulling around in a transe out the room. Existing the room, nearing the door you hear rushed movements from the bedroom you just left. Simon followed quickly behind you.

"More guns?" He repeated
"Yes." You answered calmly yet stern

He walked behind you, in a rushed manner to keep up with you. You strut your way to the armory and open countless of drawers, pulling out and slamming down countless mags. Guns and grenades.

"What's going on? You were just fine an hour ago?" He says worried

Hearing this, it pauses you. Laying your hand softly down in realization. He must not get it.. does he?

"Simon.." you say softly, still looking at the open drawer under you.
"What is it ,my love? ..Please.." he begs , getting closer
"You know just as much as I do.. they came after me because of you" you said nonchalantly

Simon didn't reply.. you added.

"From that, i know capturing me, would get to you.. that within it self will get them just as close I am with you."

"What does that mean?" He asks confused

"That means, even if it's the death of me. They will stop at my feet.. they won't get to you aslong as I'm there.."

"I-" Simon stutters finding his next words.

"I need... more guns." You repeated "they will not get to you.." your words mumbled as they finished, Simon understood you. He felt you. The energy turned grim and unruly.

"No one will touch me.." he repeated in a questionable tone
"..No one..." you said growling as you rummaged the drawers

After a while you both collected favorable guns and packed them in duffle bags, one for you, and a couple for the team.

It was super late in the night. Too silent for the base to be as it was used to be.

Returning back to the room, laying them back out. Pleased with the look . You sat down at the couch and pondered some more.

Simon watched as you did so.

"You're more fucked up than me" he says

"For sure" you replied with a light smirk
"Never had anyone react such as you.." he replied calmly
"Yeah? How so?" You zone back out staring into the wall
"Hm well.. they usually run away after things get serious.. I thought you would too after the first mission..."
You chuckle at this, breaking your gaze. You look over to him, warmly yet scary.
"I've made it this far to give up so easily.." you say as your eyes got lower and back to the wall.
"What's "this?"" He asks

It took you a minute to reply to that. You collected all the thoughts to respond, you didn't want to give him a weak answer.

"Us." You responded. "It doesn't make you undesirable, to me it makes you more of such. Like why do they want you so bad? Why do they want you dead?.. why did I just go the armory to get more guns..." you answered

Silense after you spoke only got louder. Your gaze into the wall got deeper.

"Why do I love you?,.." you added

"I'll kill for you," Simon responds rather quickly
You shoot your head over.
"No." You say "I'll kill myself.. for you.."

"A team." He says, he smile behind his mask.
It triggers you to smile back "oh yeah.."

"I got something for you.. I'll save it for later at the meeting.." he says getting up from his seat "one hint.. Night Zed" he says

You thought as it's British for "Night Z" .
It clicks. The last night. The last chapter to whatever comes after of that?..

"So it begins.." you reply
"To the end.." he answers "come to bed now.. hm?"

"Yeah.." you get up and follow him to bed