14

You know the feeling when you sleep somewhere different and you forget where you are for a second when you wake up? That's kind of what it felt like waking up and rolling over to see Paige sound asleep next to me. She looked so peaceful. She had pulled her hair back into a low ponytail but it had loosened over night as she has strands hanging out around her face.

The sun is shining in through my blinds and hit her face just perfectly. I can't believe this is my life right now.

She turns over on her back and her arm comes around her head. She's definitely still asleep. I check the time and see that it's 9:08 am. I can hear my parents bustling around downstairs. I don't know how Paige is going to leave. Maybe she can sneak out the window like in the movies.

I just lay there and watch her sleep. She moves and her leg grazes mine as she stretches, her legs invading my side of the bed, but I don't mind. Not at all. I bring on of my legs up over hers and lean closer to her.

I had a dream about her last night. That my dad was framing her for murder. The murder of Jennifer Lopez. Don't know why she was the guest star of my dream.

I eventually end up falling back asleep.

Paige's Pov

"Be careful!" Y/n reminds me as I swing my other leg  out of her window.

"I am," I face her now that my whole body is outside the window, standing on shingles.

"This is definitely not good for your knee. I'm the worst physical therapist ever." She says and I laugh.

"I'll be careful with my knee," I assure her.

We stare at each other before sharing a good bye kiss.

When we pull apart I smile at her, "I'm gonna go now."

She sighs heavily and tucks my hair behind my ear and I've found it to be one of my new favorite things.

"Bye," she says softly and I wish so bad that I could stay longer.

"Bye," I say back before lowering myself down the side of her house.

Y/n's Pov

It's Monday back at the PT office and all the talk has been about March madness and the final four. Predictions are it's going to be us, Iowa, LSU, and South Carolina.

This season, even I know Caitlin Clark has been the biggest name in women's basketball or even basketball period. It honestly makes me sad because everyone acts like she's the best female athlete of our generation, while the real one is stuck with a knee injury on the bench. Like did everyone forget who was the player of the year as a literal freshman? I wonder if it bothers Paige at all. She's never mentioned it. She's probably too kind to compare herself to other women.

"Today we're giving all the girls physicals." Steve tells me and I look at him confused.

"You're dad thought it would be a good idea before all the important games that are about to happen."

"We're mainly just going to examine them and ask them questions," says Laura.

I receive a DM from Paige that she's coming early with a winky face emoji. She's so cute. I can't believe we haven't even exchanged phone numbers yet and we're still communicating over instagram.

I hope Paige suddenly coming early to every PT visit early now isn't suspicious to Steve and Laura. They haven't seemed to suspect anything so far.

"Paige should be here soon." Steve says looking down at his watch, "She's been coming quite early lately." The way he says it makes me want to crawl in a hole. Okay, maybe they are a little suspicious.