The Worth of a Hyuga

Naruto was running through the forest, still following the scent that was beginning to fade. He felt a bit tired and looked to his clone that was carrying Choji and Karin. "Hey, Choji!"

Choji was eating from another bag of chips that he pulled from one of his pockets. He paused when he heard his name being called. He still felt somewhat reluctant but he answered in his usual jovial attitude "what's up?"

"Gotta any food pills and another bag of chips?"

Choji took a bite from the chip in his hand before he put his hand in his pocket before pulling out some more chips "this is all I got. Don't have any food pills though, sorry."

Naruto nodded as he got closer and used one of his tail to grab the bag.

Karin who had heard what Naruto asked, reached into her Kimono top (is there an actual name for it?) and pulled out a small pouch. She reached into the pouch and pulled out a food pill. "I have some on me."

Naruto looked to Karin and nodded "thanks can you toss a couple in front of me."

Choji was confused at this why would she need to toss them in front of you?"

Naruto just used his second tail to the bag and began trying to open it "I don't really have a free hand in order to take them."

Choji looked down at Naruto's feet and then it clicked. Naruto was running on all fours so he can't really use them like they could.

Karin tossed a few ahead of Naruto who opened his mouth and ate them.

Naruto felt himself regain the chakra he had lost come back quickly. He may not have lost enough to be worried but he wasn't sure if he would need to fight seriously or not and it's best to enter a fight at full strength. He finally got the bag open with his tails and turned his head to look at Ino and Hinata on his back "hold on for a second."

Both nodded as they held on tighter

Naruto leapt into the air before he brought the bag up to his hand and ate as many as he could with his hands. He regained a bit more chakra before he landed back onto the ground and began his run once more. He moved to give the rest to Choji who took the bag and began eating out of it

Hinata patted Naruto's side as she asked "feeling better?"

Naruto nodded "yeah. He may not have taken enough to weaken me, but he did take a lot of it." he took a sniff in the air and felt that he was getting close to a couple of people and one of them he recognized. "Hang on we almost caught up with someone."

Neji was panting slightly as he had three tan kunai sticking out of his back. He found himself at a disadvantage since he was fighting a long-range fighter and since he could not get close to his opponent, he could not do any damage.

"What is the point of you getting up? You don't stand a chance you! Just roll over and die already! can't beat me!"

At hearing this he had flashbacks to earlier in his shinobi career. He remembered three people who fought against the odds no matter what was said.

"I don't care what he is. Even without his talent, I can still take him! If I just work hard enough….!"

"It's no use, Lee. it doesn't matter how hard you work, you will never beat me. It has already been decided."

Lee who had no talent in using anything but Taijutsu. He trained himself to the limit and soon became one of the toughest genin in Konoha.

"You should quiet now. You cannot think that you have a chance of defeating me."

"No! I will prove that I am capable of fighting"

"You will never prove that you are anything but a failure!"