8 | Not the Way

"Hold up. Mmm. Too easy. Why don't you give it a test drive? We want to see it work." Uma tells Mal as she makes the trade.

"You always were quite the drama queen." Mal tells her.

"Oh, and nothing too big, or else Ben is fish bait." Uma adds.

"Okay. Although it seems absurd, turn your bark into a word." Mal points the wand at Dude. "Talk dog."

"Does this vest make me look fat?" Dude says shocking Bella because clearly she missed something earlier since that was a fake wand. "Does anyone have some bacon? Cookies?"

"Give me the wand!" Uma shouts.

"Give me Ben!" Mal shouts back.

"Harry, bring him over." Uma tells him so Bella follows them.

"And, before you guys go, uh, tell your mama Gaston says hi. And also tell your dad that my dad wishes he finished off your dad when he had the chance." Gil tells the two.

"Will do, Gil." Bella smiles before joining the others.

"Cut him loose, Harry." Uma tells Harry.

"I never get to have any fun." He does what he's told.

"What about our chases? That was fun to me." Bella jokes with him as the girls trade and Mal tells them they have to go.

They don't get away in time before Uma realizes it was a fake so Evie tosses out the swords as everyone fights. "Have a fun swim, Harry!" Bella laughs as Jay drops his hook in the water.

While Jay and Lonnie go get the car, Bella helps the others still. "Hey, can I still call you Bebe for short?" Gil asks as him and Bella fight each other.

"Sure, why not." She takes the lead.

"You aren't a bad fighter."

"Thank you." She laughs before the smoke bomb goes off and they make a run for it. Mal kicks the bridge into the water smiling at Uma, "Bye bye." Bella waves before leaving with Mal.

"So you can apparently take care of yourself. Just chillin around the Isle and on Uma's ship." Mal looks at Bella.

"Yeah." She smiles.

"I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to." Ben speak up towards Mal.

"I mean... As long as you're safe, that's..." Mal tells him.

"I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too. Uma helped me see that." He tells her.

"Ben, Uma captured you."

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal." Ben says making the rest of the ride awkward.

Back home Bella cleans up and Evie drops off her Cotillion dress and before she leaves with Doug she stops to ask Bella a question, "Why was it so easy for you on Uma's ship?"

"Just talked to them. Uma had her walls up but still talked to me some about the Isle. I just kept messing with Harry, and Gil is surprisingly nice to talk to. He's the odd one out of the three. Plus I said I would be neutral until the trade happen so there was no tying me up." Bella explains to her, " Excuse me, I have to go tell my mother Gaston said hello. I want to see her reaction since we had our fight."

When Bella gets to her parents room they both were in there getting things ready for tonight, "There you are! Where have you been? You had us worried." Belle walks over to her daughter.

"I was on the Isle... Met Ursula's daughter Uma, Hook's son Harry, and Gaston's youngest son Gil. Umm, Gil said; Gaston says hi to you. And also he wishes he finished you off dad when he had the chance." She delivers the message, "Gil is surprise super nice compared to Gaston."

"Why did you go to the Isle?" Her dad asks.

"Because I wanted to get away. I don't want what you have planned for me. And you're my parents, you should want what I want. And you should let want what I want." She tells them, "Why can't you do that for me?"

"We want what's just best for you, but when you were gone... I thought it over and you were right. I didn't want those things and I'm just being like people were to me to you. Do what makes you happy." Belle hugs her daughter.

"We just want you to be happy." Adam goes to hug her as well, "But you are in trouble for spending a whole day at the Isle, without telling anyone." He adds.

"That's fine." She tells them.

"Do you always have to wear yellow?" Louis asks Bella as they watch people dance

"Do you always have to wear green?" She tilts her head looking at him before walking off some.

When Mal comes out Bella goes over to join her with Evie but when Ben comes out he surprises everyone with Uma.

As Ben and Uma dance Bella had a feeling something was up with Ben, "Jane, the gift." Bella tells her so she runs off.

"Cover that back up!" Uma gets mad as  Mal stares at it. "Umm. Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?"

"I have an announcement. Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady." Ben tells everyone.

"Son..."

"Not now, Dad!" Ben shouts. "So as my gift to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all." He makes everyone gasp.

"That wouldn't be so bad is he was spelled..." Bella says looking at Mal.

"Ben. Ben. Look at me." Mal walks over to him.

"No, look at me. You love me." Uma tells him.

"No, you don't. Ben, look at me. Ben. I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realize that yourself. But, Ben, that's me. I'm part Isle and part Auradon. And, Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be. Ben. I know what love feels like now. Ben. Of course I love you. Ben, I've always loved you." Mal kisses him and it breaks the spell Uma put him under.

"Ugh! Give it to me!" Uma goes for the wand.

"Uma, stop! This isn't the way!" Bella steps in front of her so she runs off.

"Umm, I know you. You are so much more than just a villain. And you have to believe me because I've been there. Do not let your pride get in the way of something that you really want." Mal stops her.

Uma jumps into the water turning into half a big octopus so Mal turns into a dragon to stop her. Ben jumps in to stop the two saying the fighting has to stop. Uma just goes down into the water disappearing.

Evie tells Ben about a few kids from the Isle who would love to come over so she's make him a list. Bella walks off away from everyone looking out at the ocean wondering where Uma went. She looks at everyone dancing then over at the dark cloudy Isle hating how unfair it was.