Chapter: 09 Life in Wolf's Den

Upon entering Wolf's Den, Zaidie encountered numerous security checkpoints and metal doors with various security key. It didn't seem to her like she is entering for her job but, she is a wanted criminal or going to meet one.

Her previous metal gear was already removed in medical institute, so here they attached the new one with same bone chilling method. Now, Zaidie can't even run away. She sighed and they headed to medical team's working place with Judah's guidance. It was very clean and composed atmosphere with obviously everything white. Working doctor's uniform was same but they wore a white coat also. The atmosphere inside was seemingly lovely than outside and rumors.

Reading her thought on her face, Judah replied, "What appears outside may not always possible from inside. Like you can't judge a book by it's cover."

Getting caught by her, Zaidie smiled awkwardly, "Well that's true but, medical staff is always this lively otherwise we won't be able to cop up with our job."

Judah, "Same for soldiers." She smiled in a very pure way that anyone won't be able to find fault in that statement.

Combatants, although they need to remain disciplined but, their job is not so easy as it seems. They need to remain alert for any possible emergency. They have to discard their emotions for moral judgements and sometimes sacrifice themselves for others. Sacrifice is not easy. One sacrifice affects many lives.

Zaidie now have knowledge of many things about soldiers and combatants due to arrival in this world.

"Well, now let's head to the doctor's living quarters. You won't be disappointed in it as it the second priority of Wolf's Den."

"Then what is first priority?", asked Zaidie like a gunshot.

Judah, " Of course the human federation and the commander."

Zaidie sighed and said nothing. Although she knew combatant's dedications for human federation and their commander, upon seeing it with her own eyes, it seemed a helpless feeling. They both headed to doctor's living quarters.

It was a very elegant space. Robots were doing every chores. A three room apartment with kitchen, bathroom and living room with spacious balcony for personal use.

For public use there was pool, gym, garden, playgrounds and a vanity mall for daily use objects.

It can be considered a dream house from where Zaidie came. She was very satisfied from everything here. Although initially it seemed like a prison to her but anyone can be tempted by this golden prison. And, it is completely not a prison. Of course you can contact your friends and family, can go outside and meet them but only once in a month. Holidays are also restricted to some points.

Zaidie unpacked her luggage and arranged everything in her new home, took a bath and made a tempting dinner for herself. While eating she connected with Zaiden and explained everything but the fact that coming here was a surprise to her also. He respected her choice and told her to take care of herself. She recently got her fracture and in Wolf's Den, she is alone.

Zaidie reassured him and told him that she is fine.

The next morning, Zaidie got ready without the uniform and headed to her destination with her crutches. On the way, a girl exclaimed from behind, "Wait Dr. Wade!"

What came to Zaidie's view was a girl walking on fast pace to her side in doctor's uniform. "You are....?", asked Zaidie.

She replied, "I am Kyrie. Your colleague. You appeared quite lonely so I came here to accompany you". Seeing many thing in her hand and crutches, she said, "May I help you?"