CHAPTER: 23 Turning Point

WARNING!!!

This particular chapter contains sensitive content which some people might find offensive, disturbing, or traumatizing. This chapter contains scenes of gore and annihilation. I don't mean to trigger some people here. Reader discretion is advised.

Zaidie, without any further delay pressed the emergency button so that help can reach to them as quickly as possible.

She tiptoed and whispered to Evan, "Let's quickly escape from the back door. We can try to delay it as much as possible."

Evan nodded.

Zaidie took the semi-automatic firearm that was kept in there by someone in case of emergency.

They started running in the corridor as quietly as possible.

Evan said in between, "They have a keen sense of smell. We cannot escape for long". And, as to confirm his fact, the door from which they came got detached from it's frame with a bang sound and a large Greymoss came. He wailed to signal his team of his location.

And, "Shoot!". That Greymoss shot 1 bullet like long pointy stones from his tentacles. That pierced straight in Evan's leg and he fell to the ground with a painful grunt.

"Evan!", Zaidie shouted.

"You go. Leave...leave", said Evan.

"No, I won't. What will happen to you? I'll fight them for you. I have learned shooting. Go and bring me help."

"No, wait...", Evan tried persuading her. Zaidie emphasized, "Evan, the best you can do for me is leave and bring me help. I cannot leave you here and they will not let me. Go Evan."

Evan sighed defeatedly and nodded.

Then, Zaidie turned with a deep breath.

'Here is my friend's perpetrator. Get ready'

"Mr. Wolfie. It must be hard to fight with Greymoss right?", asked Zaidie just before he declares end of the lesson.

"It is. They are smart." , Kawan replied.

"Then how do you do it?", Zaidie asked.

He chuckled, "If it is not that much necessary as if a planet is going to collapse, I don't go to battlefield myself."

He continued, "As for how to fight them, you have to know some basic tricks."

"As in?"

"You need to remain calm. The moment you loose it, you have lost half of the battle. Although, you must remain calm but, have to be swift in you movements."

"Oh", Zaidie nodded with deep understanding

"And, as they have strengths like hard back, tentacles to shoot and large teeth to tear, they have weakness as well."

"Oh. What are they?"

Kawan smiled, "You don't need to know as you won't be left in those situations."

Zaidie frowned, tried to persuade with her puppy eyes, "Still, knowledge never goes waste."

Kawan hasn't build resistance to those eyes. He is still weak to them, sighed helplessly, "Yeah it is. There weakness are neck and stomach. Try to strike there as much as possible."

Zaidie nodded in consideration and thanked him.

'Alright. Number 01, Calm and swift.
Number 02, Strike neck and stomach.'

"Hey! You have knocked down my one candidate. Now, it's your turn", said Zaidie to that Greymoss as to draw his attention while aiming her gun.

She started shooting and as predicted, he is smart. He dodged first 3 bullets but then, "Shoot!", "Thuk!", that hit his neck.

After that, Zaidie didn't gave him any chance to escape and this is how Zaidie slayed That Greymoss.

"Did you see that? I did it!", Zaidie exclaimed. But, then realized she had told Evan to leave. In the meantime, he had lost a lot of blood which can be seen on the floor of corridor. And, as foretold, a few more Greymoss came with that door smelling that.

"Oh-oh. That's... a lot", muttered Zaidie upon seeing them.

Greymoss ahead of her started roaring upon seeing her.

Zaidie started to walk in backward facing them. She first knocked his left leg. Upon seeing it, he shot her with his tentacle but she dodged it.

"Hah! It was close. You... let's proceed with the hand then". Then, as told, she went for his right hand and that also was easy to disengage.

Next in line was his belly.

"Just that belly is... Ugh!", Zaidie grunted in pain and fell on her knees.

Because, to avenge himself, he shot her again which she couldn't avoid in time and that swiftly went inside her right shoulder.

That injured Greymoss approached her. He advanced to eat her. Zaidie shivered in terror and tried to back away but, a low shriek from behind stopped him. The other's made way for the one who ordered them. He was different from the ones present there. Not in one or 2 ways but a lot more.

Zaidie also looked at him and got surprised. He was shorter then the ones present there, had an average human's height. His figure was also thinner then them, had short tentacles and seemingly thin arms and legs.

The most noticeable difference was in his face. His eyes were small, mouth wasn't also that big and the antennas on his head were very long having bud on top of it.

He ordered those around him in low shrieks. They came towards her and they tied her hands and feet and let her sit on the floor so that she couldn't move.

Zaidie got petrified by these course of actions. She absolutely had no idea of what was going on and what was going to happen.

The Greymoss ahead her sat down and now both his and Zaidie's face are on same level. His antennas buds opened from which light pink colored wire like substance started advancing towards her head.

Zaidie tried to break free, "No! Just what in ..Ah!"

That was a vain try of hers. It pierced right through her temples. That connection of those strings and her head broke Zaidie's contact of her body from her brain.

However she tried, she couldn't even lift her finger. Only her sense organs are working but, very painfully. Blurry vision, dull pain, faint grunts could be heard, faint smelling and her muffled voice.

All of a sudden, everything she had done till now in this world started to play behind her eyes in backward order like some flashback. Her forced mark, making the medicine, day and night in the lab, her recruitment, Doro festival, her chit-chats with friends, sleepless nights in exams and lab, her time of preparation with Zaiden and her first view in this world-that white ceiling of hospital.
Every little to big thing, slowly but very painfully as like her head is bursting. But, he couldn't go further than that as she never experience that herself.

Then, he pondered for a while and detached the string from right side of her head which gave Zaidie full access to her sense organs and a little to her body as well.

But, that detachment wasn't for long. He again bored that string but, this time on the nape of her neck and it released something inside her.

Zaidie also sensed that and her eyes widened. She struggled, "What the heck! Let me go!"

As, she can move now, she doesn't want to go with the flow.

He reattached right string to her head and detached from the left one.

It started to extend itself to her nape but, "Shoot!"

A bullet shot one of the Greymoss which was restraining her movements.

'Finally! Someone has come to rescue.'

Next Update: Around 14January, 2024