Chapter 16 {UNEDITED}

It was decided that I, Alan Zacharia, would be engaged to Diana Verlé, 3rd daughter of Marquess Verlé.

When I first met her, she took me to the garden. I was about to compliment her on how amazing it looked, but she told me that Willow Von Everett, daughter of the Grand Duke, said my exact thought word for word. I was slightly bothered by that. Yet, I let it slide.

However, whenever me and Miss Diana met up, she would always talk about Miss Willow. It was getting on my nerves, and I even went so far as to believe she had done something to Miss Diana. Why is this Miss Willow taking up my time with her?!

I felt threatened, as if something that I had would be stolen away once again, just like how my older brother, Lukas Zacharia, took all chance of opportunity from me. I was always shunned by the older nobility. Compared to him, I was nothing but the leftovers of my family. Everything I did, all of my achievements.... would always be compared to his. As such, I grew distant from my brother.

I took it upon myself to visit this Miss Willow for myself. She definitely had done something to her. When I arrived, I was told to wait at the guest lounge. What appalled me was her audacity to make me wait 20 minutes.

"Good afternoon. I apologize for my tardiness. I am Willow Von Everett, daughter of the Grand Duke. It is an honour to meet you." She said.

"Alan Zacharia. Call me Prince Alan." I made my introduction short. There was no need to waste my breath on a sinner.

"This is about Diana Verlé. You are aware she will be my fiancée, correct?" I ask.

"......Yes, I know that."

"I'll get straight to the point. Why have you bewitched her?!" I confront her. Her expression turned flabbergasted at my words. I thought that she would finally admit her actions. However,

"Prince Alan, I have not done the attribute check, nor have I been able to cast magic, as I am only 7 years of age. Does that information have to be refreshed for the Third Prince of Herreia Kingdom, or is he just lacking in education?" She just called me stupid!

"I am not benighted! It is obvious you did something!! When I invite her to the castle, she refuses saying that she's already made plans with you!" I retaliate.

"Well, is it my fault that you just have poor planning? Besides, we made the plans first. Do you really have no knowledge as to be reminded of basic etiquette?" She remarked.

"B-but, whenever I am together with her, all she talks about is you! Willow this, Willow that- I am certain you have used a spell on her!!" I yell out my last bit of predictions. Surely she would admit it now.

"Well, Prince Alan. It just means you are ignorant. Why would Dia even accept the invitations of someone who doesn't have any knowledge, and lacks common sense?"

..........

This is the first time I've been insulted at directly....

"Uh, that was just a slip of tongue...." She muttered.

"I take that as your doubt in my skill. Then, I challenge you to a duel!" I'll make you regret messing with Miss Diana, Willow Von Everett.

As courtesy, I let her choose what we would be fighting on. I was expecting she would pick something like chess, but she picked sparring. I'm not sure what is on her mind, but it was obvious that I would be winning. Is this her way of surrendering?