Chapter 22 {EDITED}

"Your swordsmanship and stamina training is no longer necessary." My father spoke to me, looking at me with both awe and disappointment.

"W-what?! Why, father?" I blurted out in surprise as my eyes widened.

Why is it over now?! I still need to get strong enough to beat the stupidly overpowered capture targets!

My father, still looking at me with the same expression, sighed before explaining, "You already defeated your uncle Henry at least a hundred times in duels... what more reason could you possibly need than that?"

"But--"

"Your uncle Henry, as you know, is one of the strongest knights in all of Herreia. Beating him in almost every duel you had with him is a sign of your strength and prowess, isn't it?"

My father cut me off, adding more reasons to why he refused to continue my training.

"...Willow, you're an amazing prodigy, and I'm sure you're aware of that, no?"

"....."

"You've got both intelligence and strength, which is truly astonishing for someone of your age. Even your most of your lessons had been concluded by the time you were seven years old. Luckily, you train alone with your uncle Henry only in private... otherwise, I fear what uproar the kingdom would create...."

I glanced down at the floor, unable to deny his words. He was right, after all. The only people who knew I could participate in combat were my parents, my brother, my personal maid, and Michael. The royal princes, my friends, and everyone else knew nothing.

"...I know you enjoy the training, dear, but it's best if we discontinue it." My mother, Vanessa, suddenly spoke up across the room as she organized files.

"I-I..." ...need the training to live a peaceful life! You don't want me to die because of a damned game's storyline, do you?!

I thought, my mind in worry and fear, yet I kept my pursed lips shut.

"Willow.... do you remember the assassination incident, two years back?" My mother asked me, seemingly worried for my reaction.

I looked at her in surprise, since I'd never expected her to ask about it. My father stared at her, clearly just as surprised as I, and he looked somewhat.... scared?

"....Yes, mother." After a moment of silence, I spoke. I looked up at her, wondering where she would take the topic.

"When your father and I saw you back then.... we were surprised to see the intruders knocked out. I know you kept on trying to hide it, especially when I constantly probed you and your father about it. But after hearing your father's words, I'm certain.... you were the one who injured the assailants. Am I wrong?"

My eyes widened hearing her analysis, especially with the fact she was spot on. The only people who knew I defeated the assassins were my father and uncle Henry.

I struggled to form words, still having the vain hope of being able to deny her words, "....T-that's--"

"Yes, Vanessa.... she was the one who beat them. Henry, Willow, and I agreed to keep it a secret...." My father cut me off, revealing the cat out of the bag.