Chapter 30

"Willow, Willow! Are you ready for your affinity check?!" Kian, my older brother, asked worriedly while rushing to me, checking if I was prepared.

Today was the affinity checking ceremony. I, along with Alan, Dia, Liz, and Daniel, would be attending our affinity checking ceremony today.

Just last year, Kian, Lukas, Elliot, and Michael had theirs. Yet all of them never told us a word, stating how it would be better as a surprise. I didn't mind much, as I already knew how it worked. Game perks, am I right?

Well, this day is the very time the plot will begin. The heroine, Heather Pléanne meets the capture targets who somewhat find her clumsy and innocent charms endearing.

But, who am I to bother their love? My goal in this life is to become a simple and peaceful person, with riches and safety guaranteed at my disposal.

"Little sister, hello?" My older brother kept on tapping my right shoulder, which brought me out of my trance.

"Ah, sorry. I'm ready now." I replied, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's good, Willow." He said while motioning me to the carriage. I nodded as he offered his hand, supporting my entry. How gentlemanly, indeed. As he closed the carriage door, I put my head out the window.

"Take care, Kian!" I exclaimed as the carriage started moving.

"Good luck on the affinity checking ceremony, little sister!" He yelled out, his voice fading as his figure turned smaller and smaller.

------------------------------

Once we arrived at the Royal temple, I saw three familiar figures outside the gates. I got off the carriage as I approached them.

"Willow!" Dia, my friend, called out to me.

"Ah! Dia, Alan, and Daniel, good morning. How are you all doing?" I greeted them.

"We're doing alright, what about you?" Alan asked, and I let out a light giggle from his concern.

"U-uh, it's not like I care about you or anything!" He added as I could only stifle my laughter.

"Hey, Willow. You're here for the affinity check too?" Daniel looked at me in surprise, as if expecting I wouldn't be here.

"I'm the same age as you, Daniel. What, you don't want me here?" I huffed in a fake hurt tone, and he scrambled his words.

"I-it's not like that...!" I erupted in a resounding laughter after seeing him fumble up. Though, I did feel some pity for teasing him.

"Good morning, everyone!" A familiar voice rang from behind.

"Oh, Liz! Good morning as well." I replied, giving her a warm smile.

"I'm really excited about the affinity check! What about you, Willow?" Dia exclaimed, asking me out of the blue.

"Um.... yes, I suppose." I murmured. I couldn't tell them that I already knew what'll happen next, which was why I wasn't that enthusiastic about it.

Besides, I'll be meeting her today, which commences the beginning of the plot, and also my cursed fate.

"All children must report to the Royal temple now." A man dressed in a white robe said. Honestly, who knew that there was also religion in this world?