Chapter 17 {EDITED}

"Why are there so many guests, Willow?!" My brother, Kian, cried out, as he glanced at all of the people I invited.

"Is there a problem with that, Kian?" I asked, rolling my eyes at his exaggeration. He looked at me, clearly appalled, as he spoke.

"Isn't it obvious there is?! We have enough noble blood to run an entire kingdom here!" Kian complained, glaring at the others as he turned to his right, "And why are their royal highnesses even here in the first place?!"

Prince Lukas, seemingly having a plan in mind, commented, "Miss Willow is destined to be my fiancée, master Kian. Besides, we'll be brothers-in-law very soon--"

"You're already engaged with my brother, Willow?!" Alan suddenly stood up, slamming the table along with it. I looked at him in surprise before regaining my composure.

"No, we aren't, Alan. His royal highness merely jests." I explained, motioning for prince Lukas to agree with my words.

However, much to my surprise, he shook his head, "But I am not jesting, miss Willow?"

"Don't push it, your royal highness." Both Kian and I said at the same time, interrupting the prince before he could finish his sentence.

Having heard our words, prince Lukas chuckled as if expecting our response, "Like brother, like sister, I see. I suppose it runs in the blood, no?"

"Well, it is obvious, as we're siblings."

"Ironically, you look nothing like her, my dear brother-in-law. I suppose it is for the best though, as I wouldn't want my future fiancée to resemble... you."

"Are you really provoking me now, your royal highness?!"

As Kian started bantering with prince Lukas, another guest I invited spoke up.

"Miss Willow, how much longer do I have to listen to these people...?" Michael asked in annoyance, grunting while saying so.

I turned to him, my mood souring from his unnecessary comment. I'm suffering as well, but you're talking as if you're alone?

A glare was directed at him, and he immediately exclaimed with a wavering voice, "I-I'm sorry, miss Willow!"

"Don't be so loud, you'll annoy her."

"Aren't you the one who's being annoying, master Kian?"

"Calm down, master Kian and Michael. We wouldn't want to be quarreling in front of my fiancée, no?"

"Lukas, didn't Willow say the engagement was not finalized yet?"

"Oh, really? You must be mistaken, Alan."

I stared at them with a deadpan expression, annoyed from the unnecessary noise, "....Seriously, what is with these people?"

While the boys bickered, the person to my left asked me, "Miss Willow, ignoring the others.... have you heard that chancellor Alpin's son will be hosting a tea party in a few days?"

Miss Diana turned to me in curiosity. I, not having heard the news, was surprised.

"What, really--?"