five: the blame game

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter five
THE BLAME GAME
Norway , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter fiveTHE BLAME GAMENorway , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝and maybe you're not as bad as i thought.❞

BLAME FOR WHATEVER you would call the havoc that happened at the black market arms deal was being thrown around as the group of nine ventured back to the bridge of the Waverider. Everyone had someone to blame, and as one could guess, no one accused themselves of the mayhem.

"Well, I'm really glad you were the one calling the shots," Ray remarked sarcastically to Snart as the team traveled down the Waverider's hallways, all still in their get-ups from the black market arms deal gone wrong.

"I had it under control until Anders decided it was a good idea to make a flashy and visible appearance," Snart sneered with his classic scowl.

Near the back of the traveling nine, Elle scoffed and then loudly stated, "I was only doing what you told me. And besides, I heard the Professor was picking a fight with the PLO. Whatever that means."

"You let your ego endanger our entire mission," berated Carter to Stein as the group walked through the left-hand side doors leading to the bridge.

"No, Mr. Rory's temper got completely out of control—" Stein began defending before the man was cut off by who he was speaking about.

"I thought we were friends, Professor."

"At least there's one less nuclear bomb on the planet." Kendra decided to look at the bright side of things, which was very dim.

While everyone found a place on the bridge, Elle wandered over to one of the pairs of seats and sat down, letting a relaxed breath pass her lips, happy to be sitting down and recharging. She hadn't gotten a chance to as they fled the arms deal in a very hasty demeanor. Leaning her head back, Elle closed her eyes for a second before tilting her head and simultaneously opening her eyes to see Rip leaning up against the parlor's entrance, unenthusiastically clapping his hands slowly.

"Here, here. Now, you all deserve a hearty congratulations. Not only did you fail to capture Savage, you exposed yourselves and your powers to him, giving away the element of surprise for now and all time," he chastised. "Well done, team."

"We don't need the element of surprise," Carter argued. "We know he's in Norway, so let's find him—"

"Unfortunately, we now have larger problems than Savage." Rip traveled to his place before the console, slapping his palms against the table. "If only you'd have listened to me about the dangers of upsetting the timeline."