fourteen: matchmakers

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter fourteen
MATCHMAKERS
Star City , 2046 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝it seems we're doing a fine job at being jefferson's wingman and wingwoman

❝it seems we're doing a fine job at being jefferson's wingman and wingwoman.❞

WHEREVER THE HELL they were, it looked like... well, Hell.

Fires were everywhere, ranging in size and intensity (Elle was sure Rory found this paradise). Buildings were crumbled to the ground, and the remnants were thrown across what appeared to be some road, but it was apparent cars hadn't driven on it in a long time; from the few on the streets, it seemed most vehicles were smashed and not in working condition.

Smoke from all the raging fires didn't allow anyone to see but a mere few feet in front of them. Coughs left Elle's mouth as she and the rest of the team wandered around the foreign place. Even though the crash they had just experienced wasn't as bad as the one in the Soviet Union, it still was unsettling because they landed in a place they knew nothing about. And for some odd reason, Rip thought wandering about the area was a good idea despite Elle's vehement protests.

They hadn't been walking for long when they exited one of the many sketchy alleyways and into more of a main street, which appeared to look the same as the last one. Everyone who had one brought their respective weapons, so Elle's futuristic revolver was in her hands — she hoped she wouldn't have to use it in a place like this.

"Gideon, camouflage the ship. This doesn't look like the type of place we want to linger out in the open," said Rip, the Waverider behind them disappearing at the captain's request.

"So coming out here was a good idea then, huh," Elle muttered only loud enough for herself to hear. The teenager almost took Rip's words to heart, wanting to disappear just like their time ship, but she refrained.

"That looks a lot like a Palmer Tech building, but why does it have a Smoak logo on it?" Ray wondered, everyone's eyes casting to one of the few buildings still upright.

Elle tore her eyes off the structure and continued to peer wearily around her, attempting to rack her brain for any information about where they could be in time. It seemed that Elle not paying too much attention in history class was catching up with her because, as hard as she thought, she just couldn't think of the right time they may be in.

But it appeared Sara figured out exactly where they were. "Wait, this is Star City. I thought you said the timeline was safe."

Sara's last piece was directed to Rip, whose answer befuddled Elle. "Yes, Star City was intact in 2016." The captain took out a device from his coat pocket and observed it. "This — this is 2046."

"What?" Elle shouted way too loudly in a place like this — they were thirty freakin' years in the future.

And just after the eighteen-year-old spoke, a figure found their way on one of the many abandoned trucks — a hood was over their head and a bow in their grasp. Elle came to recognize that this person resembled the Green Arrow — she didn't know much about him, just that he wore a green hood and shot arrows.