six: in vandal savage we hate

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter six
IN VANDAL SAVAGE WE HATE
Ivey Town , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter sixIN VANDAL SAVAGE WE HATEIvey Town , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝this might be of aid to you. just please don't shoot any of our compatriots.❞

HER BUTT WAS getting sore as she sat on the hard wooden floor with her back still against one of the podiums holding an artifact that she didn't dare touch out of fear of another cage dropping. From where she sat, Elle watched as Ray lifted his hand to his bloodied lip courtesy of Snart, wincing as his fingers made contact with the torn flesh. Sighing, the Anders girl weighed her decision on whether or not she wanted to speak to the billionaire, but ultimately, the good samaritan part took over, and she did.

"Your lip." Elle gestured towards Ray's busted lip. "How bad does it hurt?"

"Bad," Ray sighed, and Elle caught the side glance he threw at Snart.

The criminal stopped where he was working on the same podium with the dagger, scowling — of course — as he said, "I don't do apologies."

Just like that, he continued to work, and Elle began chewing on the inside of her cheek, gnawing at the flesh, almost drawing blood as she stared at Ray, a pang of guilt filling her stomach at the fact that she could help him even if it were in a slight way.

"You know, if you want, I can clean it. Your lip." She spoke unsurely as if offering the gesture was an obscure thing to do, which it was for Elle. It was usually only the Parlours that she offered her assistance to.

"Elle, you don't have to," Ray assured.

"I know, but it's obviously hurting you, and I wanna help," sincerely stated the teenager.

Ray caught that sincereness, so he slowly nodded at Elle, who only needed that little move as confirmation to move closer to the older man. She sat cross-legged on the floor on Ray's right, taking out a bandana she had snagged at the fabrication room back on the Waverider, pressing it gently to Ray's lip, a slight grimace leaving the man's mouth. Elle peered around her hand, intending to get a better look at what she was dealing with, her eyes scanning the wound that wasn't fatal in any way. Elle knew that, but she was still wanting to aid Ray. This would never be admitted by Elle, but she still felt she owed Ray for saving her numerous times back at the black arms deal.

"Its bleeding has slowed," Elle observed aloud, removing the now bloodied bandanna. "And it's not deep enough to where you would need stitches. You must not have hit him hard enough."

That last remark was directed towards Snart with a snarky tone adorning Elle's words, satisfaction arising in her when she got a reaction from the man. She continued dabbing the cloth against Ray's wound as carefully as she could so a painful reaction wouldn't come from the billionaire. Some of the blood had dried, Elle realized, but she decided against spitting in the bandanna on account of that Ray would have an absolute cow if she did that. It only took a few moments before Elle had done everything she could to help Ray as much as possible in their current situation.