thirteen: acting like a team

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter thirteen
ACTING LIKE A TEAM
The Soviet Union , 1986 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter thirteen ACTING LIKE A TEAMThe Soviet Union , 1986 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝there's gotta be another way to save the future. do not let sara kill stein.❞

FOR SOME REASON that wasn't at all clear to the Anders girl, Snart was determined to mention the fail-safe plan as many times as possible during their ride to the Koshmer Gulag. He didn't know Elle's standpoint on the matter, so Snart wasn't bothering her per se, but he was constantly nagging Sara, trying to make her feel guilty, which downright aggravated Elle. It wasn't an understatement to say that every five seconds, the man was bringing the fact up (okay, maybe that was a bit of an over-exaggeration.) Still, however, Elle had quickly grown tired of the criminal's commentary, ordering him to shut up many times along the drive until they entered the facility when she was forced to remain quiet.

So far, the plan concocted from the information from Yuri, the man Sara, Rip, and Snart talked to in the sauna, was going well, but that was sure to change. Rip, who drove the massive cargo truck the four team members were in, was granted access inside the grounds through the fake identification papers Gideon had fabricated. Then, the three riding in the back, Sara, Snart, and Elle, had all successfully jumped out at just the right time near a gated part of the prison where they would resume their path on foot.

Elle's head was on a swivel as she looked around between the blinding spotlights posted on roofs (luckily, none were pointed towards the three) as they hovered low to the ground. With one deep, somewhat focused breath, she vanished into thin air beside Sara and Snart, the two having no clue about it either.

"Remember, we get Stein first." Sara turned her head towards Snart.

"And if the plan fails, you'll kill him," he followed without missing a beat, clad in the appropriate Russian prison guard attire.

With an audible scoff, Elle spoke, making her disappearance known to her teammates. "God, can you please just shut up about that already?"

"You want my advice?" Snart continued, not addressing the Anders girl, but he had been putting her comments in the back of his mind. They could've just been out of annoyance — he knew that, though they could be something different, which was why he kept note of it.

"No," stated Sara.

Again Snart didn't stop. "Don't use your gun. Do it with your hands. Do it while you're looking right into Stein's eyes."

"You're talking about a member of our team," reminded Sara.

"I just don't want you to forget who we're talking about," Snart threw back before taking off.

Elle appeared in her natural form before she said to Sara, "Just ignore him. He doesn't get why you're doing it. But I do."

Without another word, the teenager vanished once more and mirrored Snart's movements as the three began finding their way inside the prison. Once they managed to do that, they enacted their strategy for maneuvering about the utterly terrifying prison. They found a gurney, and Sara was lying stiff as a board on it, covered by a white sheet; Snart was pushing her, and Elle was following behind, unable to be seen by human eyes.