twenty: the not-so-nifty fifties

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty
THE NOT-SO-NIFTY FIFTIES
Harmony Falls , 1958 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty THE NOT-SO-NIFTY FIFTIESHarmony Falls , 1958 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝you should see the neighborhood ray, kendra, and i are staying in. it's too... ordinary.❞

ELLE ANDERS' BODY was still not accustomed to the utter drain time travel brought upon it. That was blatantly obvious when Elle opened her eyes after the Waverider had just touched the ground, and all her right eye could see was black.

"Um, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I can't see out of my right eye," Elle announced with concern.

After lifting her safeguards, in a futile attempt to bring vision back to her eye, she began furiously hitting the right side of her face — it worked with the TV remote, so maybe it would here too. The bizarre-looking action gained a bewildered stare from Sara, whom Elle had sat next to as the blond also tried to recover from her own symptoms of traveling through time. However, after a moment, the teenager realized that her attempts were, in fact, ineffective, and so she stopped, her head peering over to Stein when he spoke.

"Ah, so I'm not the only one whose vision is impaired," noted Stein as he took off his glasses, blinking in hopes it would fix his defective sight.

"Seeing three of everything?" Jefferson followed with squinted eyes. "That's normal, right?"

The twenty-year-old glanced at the captain, who had stood from his seat, seemingly less affected by the time jump. "Yes, as I mentioned before, the effect of time travel on the human body increases with the length of each jump."

"So where are we?" Kendra wondered, emerging from her seat.

Everyone followed the hawk goddess' movements and slowly began to rise to their feet, most of the time travel side effects wearing off. Elle could now partially see out of her right eye; there were just a few black spots that she hoped would fade soon, which they would.

"Harmony Falls, Oregon," replied Rip as he traveled towards the screen to the left of the captain's chair. "According to Captain Baxter's intel, Savage makes an appearance in this quaint little hamlet."

"What the hell is Savage doing in Pleasantville?" Jax asked, referring to the black and white image Elle assumed was of Harmony Falls appearing on the screen before Rip. The town looked very... white picket fence-ity.

Another photo, this time of a news article, emerged on the screen where the headline said, SLASHER STRIKES AGAIN and the main image was of a mauled body. "Murder, apparently," Rip observed.