eighteen: pirate predicament

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter eighteen
PIRATE PREDICAMENT
Space ▂▂▂▂▂

❝yeah, i don't like what he did, but after our dear captain let out those beautifully said words to him, i can't say i wouldn't be mad, too

❝yeah, i don't like what he did, but after our dear captain let out those beautifully said words to him, i can't say i wouldn't be mad, too.❞

IT WAS MOMENTS like these that had Elle questioning how the hell she got to this point in her life. She was eighteen, which for every other teenager meant hanging out with a boyfriend or girlfriend, having fun, and living life to the fullest because they were still young. But for Elle Anders, that meant being held captive by time pirates on a foreign time ship that was in the middle of another galaxy, nowhere near Earth, all because a future British man kidnapped her while she was out to get milk.

As she stood on the Acheron's bridge surrounded by a dozen time pirates, Elle could feel the circulation being cut off from the grip the man held on her wrists, ensuring she couldn't go anywhere. Even if the man released her, what could she have done? She couldn't run to her gun that had been knocked out of her hand because another time pirate had picked it up, stuffing it into his waistband and earning one hell of a glare from the teenager.

What felt like forever had passed before the man threatening Rory's life finally dropped his aim, crammed the gun in its holster on his hip, and walked up to the arsonist. The Anders girl could practically feel the man's oozing confidence.

"Captain John Valor," he introduced with a smug smile towards Rory.

"Oh. What happened to Captain Baxter?" Rip asked in almost a mocking tone.

"She was on her way back to the Vanishing Point to imprison us when we made our escape," this so-called John Valor explained, only looking at Rory as he spoke — maybe he thought the arsonist was in charge. "But before we could take control of the Acheron—"

Valor was cut off by Rip, who sounded almost pleased. "She destroyed her time drive in accordance with protocol."

"The same protocols that said another Time Master would come to her rescue," the time pirate said, glancing at Rip before returning to Rory.

"Do I look like a Time Master to you?" The arsonist mused.

Valor gave him a once over before deciding, "You look like the kind of man who'd throw his grandmother out of an airlock."

"Well, I got bad news for you, buddy," Elle spoke up, nodding to her teammates around her, "because none of us are Time Masters."

"Right, so you might as well just let us go," Rip smoothly followed.

At the declarations, Valor laughed wickedly, his men following suit as he walked up to Rip, staring him down. "Correct me if I'm wrong. You're Rip friggin' Hunter." Mockingly, Valor bent down so he was eye to eye with Rip. "I thought you'd be taller."