(𝟎𝟎𝟗) one big misunderstanding

. . . . . CHAPTER NINE!
—— real life

 CHAPTER NINE!—— real life

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡᶦᶠᵉ

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡᶦᶠᵉ

TUESDAYS ARE THE BEST in valeria's opinion. she has one whole hour in therapy every other tuesday and that means she can skip some classes and miss some work (she already does that but now she has a valid excuse).

so here she is, sitting on a couch as her school therapist sits across from her on a stool. they're both munching on some goldfish that was in the room for god knows how long.

she had just finished telling ms. lindsey about her weekend because ms. lindsey has always been her safe space, the person she could say anything to without feeling judged.

she thought she wouldn't need therapy because she didn't even want to do it at first. it all started when she made a joke about killing herself because there was no mozzarella sticks for lunch.

ms. lindsey sits there, speechless at the amount of drama this girl has.

ms. lindsey is only twenty-seven and she was recently divorced, which makes valeria trust her even more with her boy drama.

"they picked you up from the police station while there was a party going on? i thought chris loved parties." ms. lindsey replies, trying to be mature since she's a therapist but also trying to get all the tea.

valeria shrugs, not sure why chris would ever leave a party. he's claimed to love them since freshman year but people say ever since two months ago, he stopped showing up to them.

"how did it make you feel when chris was calling you selfish?"

valeria sits back in her seat, fidgeting with her fingers. "i guess i got disappointed because i always try to do as much as i can for everyone."

"okay well, if my opinion matters, you aren't selfish." ms. lindsey says, trying to cheer her up.

valeria holds back her smile, not knowing what to say.

"do you think chris regrets saying it?"

valeria scoffs, knowing the obvious answer. he never regrets anything, even if he did the worst thing possible like break a poor girls heart for no reason.

"of course not. he was even getting mad at matt in the car because he offered to get me food. i guess he just wanted me out of the car as soon as possible."

ms. lindsey frowns, noticing hurt in the girls voice. "that might not be the case."

"what's the case then?"

"i don't know, but sometimes our feelings are wrong. maybe this is all just one big misunderstanding."

_________________________________

ms. lindsey ate

- mina