(𝟎𝟐𝟑) affect on you

. . . . . CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE!
—— real life

 CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE!—— real life

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡᶦᶠᵉ

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡᶦᶠᵉ

VALERIA SITS IN HER therapists room, watching ms. lindsey's reaction when she tells her that she slept over chris' house.

"who were you hiding from?"

valeria hesitates, not sure if she wants to tell her just because ms. lindsey knows about him and what a fucking asshole he is.

"louis," she finally says.

ms. lindsey's face softens as she uncontrollably forms a pout on her lips, feeling bad for the girl.

"did he do something recently that you want to talk about?"

"i mean, he didn't do anything extreme recently but he did try to sit next to me at yarina's birthday party and he kept following me until i bumped into, well, chris.."

"you had every right to get up and walk away from him. i'm glad you did and i'm glad that you're okay."

valeria smiles, being glad that ms. lindsey doesn't shame her for being scared of a guy that can't even do a pull-up.

"how'd you feel when you bumped into chris?" ms. lindsey asks, trying to slightly switch the subject because she doesn't want to give valeria an opportunity to overthink it again.

"umm.." valeria thinks, not exactly knowing how she felt. "i was annoyed that it was him, but at the same time kinda relieved it was him."

ms. lindsey nods, showing that she understands where she's coming from.

"he did see me cry though, which was very fucking embarrassing."

ms. lindsey smiles softly, making valeria narrow her eyes.

"what?" valeria asks.

"isn't it kind of ironic that you care about what he thinks and feels? for someone who doesn't give a," ms. lindsey stops herself from cursing, "dang, his words seem to have an affect on you."

valeria's jaw drops, "i thought you were on my side!"

"first of all, i'm on no one's side." she says, knowing that she's on valeria's side she just would never admit it out loud.

valeria rolls her eyes amusedly, not getting too offended because it's a teachers job to treat their students the same.

"second of all, i didn't hear you deny it."

valeria's eyes widen, "i'm denying it now. chris' words do not have an affect on me!"

"really?"

valeria sighs, "okay okay, maybe a little but from now on, i'll stop giving a shit about what that dickwad says."

ms. lindsey chuckles, "should we call it?"

"yes." valeria pulls out a loose leaf paper from her bag and a barely functioning mechanical pencil.

"10:34am." ms. lindsey reads off her phone.

valeria writes a sentence down on the paper before reading it out loud.

"march 2nd at 10:34am, christopher sturniolo's words have stopped affecting valeria clems."

ms. lindsey laughs, watching valeria crumble the paper up and stuff it back in her bag.

"is there anything else that happened in the past two weeks?"

"corinne and matt have been secretly dating for a while now."

ms. lindsey's jaw drops, "oh!"

"yeah.."

"how'd that make you feel?"

valeria thinks hardly again, not exactly knowing how she feels. "matt wouldn't be a bad boyfriend i guess but it just feels weird because arent friends."

ms. lindsey nods, showing that she understands her perspective.

valeria continues, "me and corinne swore to our future selves that we would get with people that we both get along with, maybe even date a set of brothers or boys that get along with each other too so we could go on double dates and corny shit like that, but it doesn't really matter now i guess."

ms. lindsey nods.

"but at the end of the day, it's not my relationship it's hers and i don't have the right to say anything. i just want her to be happy and i hope matt treats her right."

"i completely get it. do you think he'll treat her right?"

"well if he treats his best friends and girlfriends differently, then yeah i believe in him."

"so you don't believe in him to be a good best friend?"

"nope." valeria answers with no hesitation.

_________________________________

i bet you guys are all like 🤔🤔 because there's so many stuff that'll be explained later like who louis is and why matt would be a bad best friend 😬😬

my boy bsf just broke up with his gf because she cheated on him multiple times and her name was yarina so it cringes me to type that now. from now we'll call her y*rina 😊😊

i haven't written anything in 4 days which is a while (for me at least cause i'm on that grind 🤟) because idk if i want to write this story or start gilmore girls.

i'm only on the first episode but like this show just looks so nostalgic yk??

i also wanna start harry potter but idk bc everyone ik said it was mid

btw the next chapter will be a continue of this day (both on tuesday)
it's not related to this chapter, just wanted to let u guys know bc i usually don't do two chapters for the same day🤞

- mina