4. Backtrack

ELI POV;

Men don't go to clubs because they're fun. They go because there's drinks and women... or men. Depending on what your taste is.

Which meant sausage parties were never my shit. Too much testosterone was a recipe for disaster, and I didn't have Justice to back me up because of the last minute nature of my plans.

It also meant that I had went to two different places before settling for this overcrowded bar since it was the only place with enough women that I wasn't questioning my sexuality. Unfortunately, I was shoulder to shoulder in this bitch, and my drink was the best company I'd come across.

"Heyyy." A woman called, sliding a hand on my forearm from beside me.

While I appreciated the forward approach, the alcohol smell wafting off her breath told me it was liquid courage that caused it. A shame honestly, because she was pretty as fuck with that hungry look in her eye.

"Wassup," I responded, taking a casual sip of my drink while maintaining eye contact.

It was one of my things. I loved watching women heat and squirm under my appraising gaze. Their eyes changed underneath me into something doed and eager for what I might do next.

Something about it stirred my dick to life.

The dick she was suddenly touching.

"Woah!" I jumped slightly from surprise as her hand landed on the crotch of my jeans to grope. "What the hell are you doing?" I questioned, moving it off me.

I barely new this girl's name, and I damn sure didn't know the results on her STD screening. All attraction I had toward her vanished in the face of her unwanted groping.

"I want you. Don't you want me, too?" She questioned, batting her eyelashes. Due to their thickness, she probably started a tornado a city over.

"I think that's a question you should've asked before touching me." I deadpanned, rising from my seat to move elsewhere.

After scanning the seating options far from where I just came from, I chose one by two women that seemed to be friends.

"This seat taken?" I asked, and both appraised me briefly before nodding for me to sit.

Once I was seated for a while, I started to admire the woman beside me. She had the kind of stature that practically spelled expensive and no-nonsense. Despite her caramel skin, she kind of reminded me of Divine.

Which was a temptation I couldn't resist even when I was constantly trying.

"I didn't catch your name." I started, turning my body more toward her to show my attention.

I lived by the motto that actions speak louder than words. I wasn't one of those people that spoke on something with no intention behind it.

Broken promises were never my specialty.

"That's because I didn't tell you it." She sassed while her friend watched the exchange with interest.

It wasn't for everyone, but a woman with attitude just made me lean in a little closer. I always wondered what it would take to soften her up and let me in a little more.

"Damn, my bad then." I laughed and managed to get a smile out of her, too.

"If you got the next round, I might tell it to you." She offered.

Something about her tone portrayed a subtle challenge. Either I had the money to spend, or I didn't.

Not that I minded paying for them either way. It just struck me as odd that she didn't leave the option open for me to offer to pay, which I thought spoke higher volumes than fulfilling a request.