19. Lovers and Friends

**There will be a 🎧 emoji for when you should play the song.

DIVINE

When I woke up, there was a sort of warmness was harbored in my chest. For the first time in a long time, I finally felt...settled.

Even when the normal worries and stresses began to creep into my mind, there was unwavering confidence that everything would be solved and that I could take this minute. I wasn't in a rush to breathe or feel or work.

I just go to be.

And in this moment, my naked body was wrapped comfortably in the sheets of the king bed. The fabric teasingly glided across my nipples and ghosted along my thighs as I shifted toward the door of the bathroom.

Eli had roused earlier than I had, and the soothing sound of water beating against tile proved it. I frowned slightly at missing the opportunity to wish him a proper good morning in the shower since I heard the distinct turn of the water being shut off.

"You're up." He observed, dressed in nothing but a towel and beads of water. "Are you hungry? I was going to call down for breakfast." A smooth smile dimpled his face, and memories of last night played in my mind.

Eli had been everything I'd dreamed of and more. No desire to cum went unanswered, and he took care of me just like he'd promised.

It was almost too good to be true, and the secret of Dezmon's impending arrival caused discomfort to tingle underneath my skin. So, I chose to focus on the discomfort of hunger instead of the surprising guilt building in my gut.

"With the way you wore me out, I could eat for a week." I joked as I stretched.

Of course with my movement, the sheet hung precariously across my body before I got up completely to bare myself to him. What? He'd seen and worshipped every part of it already, so I was without shame even more than usual.

The resulting chuckle that fell from his lips took residence in my thighs while I hugged him. In this position, I had to look up to see his eyes, but he'd already leaned down to press a peck to my lips.

"Go shower. Food should be here when you're out." He ordered softly and slapped my ass hard enough for the cellulite to jiggle against each other.

The juxtaposition of the sensations he wrought on my body worked like magic. Wetness was beginning to seep onto the outside of my pussy lips, and pure yearning awakened inside of me.

With a wink, I sashayed into the bathroom and made sure to add an extra sway to my walk.

Though, our new dynamic didn't fully sink in until hot water was hammering against my skin. The steam added a warm pressure to the air that had always helped me think clearer.

Which sounds ridiculous when my first thought was this:

We had sex last night!

As if that wasn't obvious enough, but for whatever reason, I had to admit it to fully realize that we'd taken a new step in our relationship. Last night fully cemented the connection building between the two of us, but my mind was still creating dark clouds over our future.

Eli deserved the sun and the stars. Hell, he deserved the whole universe, and I barely could carve out a weekend to spend with him. Already the implications of getting sidetracked from work had me wondering just how long before I could get back to my assignment.

How could he be so happy with only a fraction of me? How could I keep him when there were women that could give him more?

By the time I was done with my shower, my mood had completely plummeted. Though seeing Eli reclined in a chair on the balcony with a tray full of food helped.