25. Soft Needs

Sleep left me quietly as I woke up in the middle of the night. It seems that even in the twilight zone Divine's memory haunts me.

While it reminded me of how this all started, it also made me crave the person I was then. Everything had been so simple in college, and now, adulthood held more complexity than I knew what to do with most days.

It was like it all managed to accumulate when you weren't paying attention, and you're hanging on to a string slipping from your fingers. Life didn't stop for anyone, and it made sure to show it.

The direction of my thoughts wasn't the best indication of my mental state but laying in an empty bed left a chasm for poisonous thoughts to crawl into and take root.

I groaned in annoyance at the nightmare of my own making. Coming back home might not have been the best idea after all.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My eyebrows furrowed at the noise of my doorbell ringing. I checked the clock to find the bright numbers of 3:45 staring back at me, and despite my confusion, I got up to walk to the door. Though, I might've grabbed my bat by the door just in case.

With the bat in hand, I didn't bother looking through the peephole and was shocked to find Divine standing there in pajamas.

"Divine?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes just in case I was dreaming. "Why are you here so late?" My eyes scanned the empty hallway before pulling her inside and pressing her against the closed door.

Like always, seeing her was like warm honey dripping into my soul. The perfect medicine in the sweetest little package.

"I was avoiding you." She blurted.

Well, okay then.

"And now you're not?" I asked, leaning down further to see her eyes in the dark room.

"I—um—I can't focus when you're looking at me with that attractive face. Turn it off." Her hand pushed my face to the side, and low laughter escaped me at her antics.

"I don't think I can turn my face off, pretty."

"Make it ugly or something. That plus your sleep voice is arming you with too many weapons against me." She muttered and stepped away from the door.

"I think you're armed with weapons of your own." I said as my eyes trailed the shadows along her form.

There was just enough light that I could see how low her tank top sat against her chest and the way it was slightly raised to show the soft skin of her stomach. Even though her pajama pants were loose, they still managed to cling to her hips and ass.

A midnight snack, just for me to sink my teeth into.

Mirroring my thoughts, my dick began to come to life in my basketball shorts. One look and she'd be able to see I preferred to go commando to sleep.

I wondered if she'd open those pouty lips for me to sink my dick into again. Slurp me down in my kitchen, so we could have a matching set of memories in both our houses.

Already, I could feel the phantom gag of her throat as she struggled to fit all of me.

Though by the way she was pacing through my floorboards, I'd guess that wasn't on the menu as of yet.

"I came here to tell you I wasn't avoiding you, but then I didn't want to lie so I planned to tell you that I was. But now I don't know how to say the rest—" She rushed out most of the words to the point I was still trying to catch up.

"Woah, why didn't you just call, D?" I interrupted by grabbing hold of her wrists.

It was kind of funny how hard it was to keep my hands off this woman. Her gravity just had a way of sucking me in and holding me there.