|Chapter 4|

Chapter Four:

Chapter Four:

Six years had passed since the devastating loss of Kyojuro Rengoku.

The pain of his death remained like an unrelenting storm cloud, casting a shadow over the lives of those he had left behind.

Time had marched on, and the wounds had begun to heal for some, but for (Y/N), the ache in her heart had not lessened.

Her children, Hinoko and Kijuro, had grown, their lives unfolding before her eyes.

But for (Y/N), the world seemed to have frozen in time, her heart forever tied to the memory of the man she had loved so deeply.

Among those who struggled to move on was Giyu Tomioka, a demon slayer who had known Kyojuro well.

The two had shared a camaraderie born from their dedication to protecting humanity from the demons that threatened their world.

Giyu had lost a dear friend and fellow Hashira, and the weight of Kyojuro's absence weighed heavily on him as well.

The ache in his heart was a constant reminder of the loss they had all suffered, a pain that refused to fade with time.

In the dead of night, Giyu Tomioka found himself jolting awake, his senses instantly on high alert.

'Where... Where was I again?'

His heart raced, his chest heavy with an invisible weight that seemed to press down upon him.

As his vision slowly cleared, the world around him came into focus, and he realized that he was no longer in the safety of his own room.

The sound of chaos filled his ears, a cacophony of screeches and clashing swords that echoed through the night. For a brief, disoriented moment, he struggled to grasp his surroundings.

Where was he?

What was happening?

And then, a familiar face emerged from the haze.

Shinobu stood before him, her expression a mask of frantic desperation.

Her voice cut through the chaos, her words urgent and sharp. "Tomioka-San, wake up. No daydreaming."

The haze began to lift as the memories flooded back. The battlefield, the demon, the battle that raged on around them.

It was a fight for survival, a battle against a foe whose strength rivaled even that of an Upper Moon demon. Lives had been lost, and the air was thick with the scent of blood and desperation.