Werewolf

Three days later, Ellie was slaving over the stove after a long day at work while humming to herself.

The sound of the front door opening and closing made her smile.

"Did you find the cream alright? I know you hate shopping." She semi shouted over her shoulder.

She heard her dad laugh as he set his keys down on the table near the front door, the distinctive sound making her smile.

"I don't hate it. Just... Can find where everything is. It's like the employees keep changing the layout every week." He grumbled as he walked into the kitchen.

She spun in place and skipped over to his side, grabbing the carton of heavy cream and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "My hero. Thank you."

She walked over to the pot on the stove and poured some of the cream into the soup. She took a taste and giggled. "Perfect."

Her dad chuckled and ruffled her hair softly. "I'll be leaving early for work today. I'm gonna swing by and visit Peter for a bit before shift."

Ellie smiled down at the soup and nodded. "Right." She turned to the cabinet to her right and pulled out a Tupperware container and poured a portion of the cheesy broccoli soup into the bowl and sealed it up.

"Here! You can eat while visiting. Oh! And I forgot to tell Peter, but I won't be able to visit him tomorrow. Can you tell him that Stiles and I will visit on Sunday, though?" She asked.

Noah took the bowl from her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "You helping Stiles with that school project he's been talking about?"

Ellie nodded. "He said it's due this Monday, and since he wanted to see Peter on Sunday, we only have tomorrow to finish it." She spun back towards the stove and pulled two more bowls down from the upper cabinets. "Luckily, my days off fell on the weekend this time."

Noah smiled. "I'll let Peter know you'll both see him in two days." As he began walking back towards the front of the house, she called out.

"Oh! And can you tell Mary to make sure to keep Jessica away from him tomorrow? She freaks him out."

"Got it!" He called, and the sound of the door shutting echoed across the house.

Ellie turned the stove off and made her way upstairs to let the boys know dinner was done and ready to eat.

She paused in the doorway to Stiles' room, both of her boys, completely unaware of her presence.

"Tomorrow?! What? No! The full moon's tonight. Don't you get it?" Stiles shouted as quietly as possible for an ADD riddled teenager.

Scott scuffed in frustration. "What are you trying to do? I just made first line. I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me, and everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?"

Ellie shifted in her spot. So, this was about a girl? But what did that have to do with it being a full moon tonight?

Stiles' shoulders drooped. Oh. Oh, poor Stiles. Ellie has known for a while now just how deep her brother's feelings for his best friend ran.

"I'm just trying to help. You're cursed, Scott." He gestured back towards his computer where he had been doing his research for the last few days.

"You know that, and it's not just the moon that will cause you to physically change. It also just so happens to be when your bloodlust will be at its peak." Stiles tried in vain to get his point across.

Scott scuffed once more and raised a brow. "Bloodlust?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. You know, the urge to kill?"