Another Life

Young Ellie bit the end of her pen in frustration, staring down at the math laying before her. Her eyes narrowed and lips down turned at the corners. Math was the one subject she hated the most.

This was her final class of the day, her homeroom, also known as a free period. Luckily, the teacher let her homeroom students' study in the library instead of the classroom if need be.

She was one of the few who didn't just goof off the whole period and liked to actually spend the time getting any homework she had done.

She hated doing homework at home. School was meant to be learned while at school, not at home. That's what she thought at least.

A tap to her right shoulder had her pulling the pen away from her lips to look over her shoulder only to be met with open air.

She rolled her eyes playfully and looked the other way. She is met with the beaming smile of her boyfriend. She doesn't know why she still falls for that every time.

"You still coming over tonight?" He questioned as he sat down beside her, pressing a kiss to her cheek as a hello.

"That's the fifth time you've asked me today, Derek. The answer is still the same." She giggled. "You moms picking me up after school and bringing me to my doctor's appointment. Dad thinks it's something a girl should be with me for. Since someone asked their uncle, who can't keep his mouth shut, for condoms; I got an earful from my dad who was informed by your mom."

Derek blushed and pouted. "Uncle Peter is a traitor." He grumbles.

Ellie raised one of her delicate looking fingers into the air, mere inches from his nose and his eyes crossed as he tried to focus on it.

"Peter thinks we are the typical teenagers who can't stop having sex." Ellie corrects. She turns back to her homework document. "He had a good reason to tell your mom."

Derek let a small smile cross his lips and turned to straddle his seat so he could face Ellie sideways on the bench.

"Well, we haven't had sex yet, so there isn't anything to worry about." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Ellie turns to face him once more, one palm resting under her chin. "But that's the plan isn't it? I learned that silencing spell for a reason."

Ellie took great pleasure in watching her boyfriend's face light up in embarrassment.

"Well, how come my mom is bringing you and not yours?"

Ellie smiled softly. "She's visiting our family in Poland. She took Stiles with her and everything. Uncle Kaine wanted to show Stiles something about being a Spark. Male Sparks are supposedly much stronger than us females."

Derek nodded along; his brows arched up in his curiosity. He always loved to listen to Ellie talk about her heritage, just as she loved to learn about him and his family. She loved learning about werewolves and all things supernatural just as much as he did.

"When a Spark turns nine, they go through a type of pilgrimage and get to begin their training. Stiles is now with our mom's family overseas learning about what exactly a Spark is." She pauses, lips pursed as she gets lost in her thoughts.

Derek sat patiently, listening intently as he took in all the info that he could. He could listen to her talk all day long and would never tire of it.

"There's history he will be taught as well as some testing to find out how strong he is. Then he will begin training."

Derek's brow furrows in confusion. "Training? That sounds like it could take years. They aren't staying in Poland for that long, are they?"

Ellie giggles. "My goodness, no. Just a few weeks. Uncle Kaine will be coming to stay with us. He'll probably be here for a few years. As Stiles grows, so will his powers, just like mine did."