Achievement Unlocked

Apologies everyone for having to wait a few weeks for a new chapter. With the holiday's being back-to-back and my grandfather's passing, I haven't had any time to really sit down and write. Family time has been important. Two more chapters will be released within a week. Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~ 

"That is a terrible plan." Peter grumbled, arms crossed over his chest as he watched his nephew pace back and forth.

They had stepped out into the small laundry room that was also the door that led into the back yard.

Noah and Scott had gone upstairs to watch over Victoria while Chris began to inform his daughter more in depth about everything that was happening and the supernatural world as a whole.

Stiles stood just behind Peter, nervously playing with his fingers. Peter could easily sense how difficult it was for the boy to stay still and quiet while Derek paced back and forth, deep in thought.

Worry began to seep in as Derek paused and turned to exit the house.

"She has to think she caught me off guard." Derek huffed as he stalked forward, letting the screen door swing shut behind as he went out the back. Peter cringed at the awful noise the hinges made.

"Derek, wait!" Peter called as he hurried after his nephew.

Stiles hesitated before following after his alpha.

Peter grabbed onto Derek's bicep and pulled his nephew to a stop. "Why go back there? That place has nothing but pain and death. Why put yourself through that once more?"

Derek paused, eyes firmly on the cement that was the Argents back sidewalk that cut through their back yard towards the pool deck.

"Because she doesn't know I have a pack, that I have anyone other than Ellie. She won't think I have anywhere else to go. It's where she found me the first time. She'll expect me to go there first."

Peter blinked dumbly. 'Fair point.' He thought, not liking that that sentence had made sense.

But Derek wasn't alone anymore. Peter needed Derek to know he would never be alone again. That people really did care for him. Derek was the only family he had left. The only person left who linked him to his beloved sister. Derek was more like Talia than any of her other children.

He wanted to regain that closeness that they once held... Before Paige. Before Kate.

She had taken everything from them... She seduced his nephew; a boy who was left completely vulnerable after the death of his girlfriend... Whose family hadn't done their job correctly in taking care of the grieving child.

Peter frowned. He remembered how angry he and Talia had been when Derek had approached them about a teacher and her inappropriate advances. How uncomfortable he had been and how he just wanted her to stop.

Talia had always put her children above all else before and the pack had always been right there beside her. She had been ready to storm the school and even had Peter get one of his many contacts to draw up a restraining order against Kate. They had both been ready and willing to protect Derek.

So why had they stopped caring? He and Talia had planned on confronting the school about it... Then nothing. It hurt just thinking about it. Their anger had simply disappeared. Vanished as if it had never existed.

Peter had called off the restraining order and they had both ignored Derek's claims. Derek had been devastated. That was the moment when Derek had realized his family wouldn't have his back. They simply had not believed him. Or rather, something had made them ignorant to Derek's cries for help and made them turn the other way.