The Beginning of The End

A True Alpha. Kaine was a True Alpha. Which meant whatever creature he was before the alpha had bitten him was nearly non-existent.

He had yet to tell Ellie what he was exactly before he became a werewolf, but he said it was still there. It wasn't gone. Whatever Kate kept drugging him with, kept that side of him at bay and brought the wolf forward.

Ellie sat silently against the wall as she pondered over what Kaine had just told her.

"A True Alpha is the strongest. It's earned, not taken or given. I became a true Alpha the second I saw Kate as my enemy. It wasn't the alpha that I killed that made me an alpha. That spark didn't go to me. This spark is my own."

She looked up from the dust covered ground and opened her mouth to ask a question when the door to the basement opened once more.

Ellie lowered her head and sank back against the wall, pretending to be asleep while Kaine stayed seated against the fence. This was what they had agreed on, their plan to keep Ellie safe.

"Awe... Little girly is sleeping." Kate's voice cooed mockingly.

Ellie listened to Kate as she walked over to her prone form.

Kate kicked at her foot and Ellie let out a groan and rolled her head to the side but stayed 'unconscious'.

"Pathetic. What does Derek see in this girl?" Kate knelt before Ellie. She moved some hair out of her face and frowned as she spotted the mating bite.

"Oh, this just got even more interesting." She grinned before standing once more and turned to Kaine.

"You held back that night at the school. You didn't kill her when you easily could have. Like you should have. Tell me... Why did you resist? And why won't you change her? Do you know her? Or is this some sort of wolf thing?" She paused, examining his face as he looked past her and towards Ellie.

"Or... Is she your mate and you're doing all you can to protect her because someone else has already claimed her?"

Ellie winced internally. That wasn't it. Ellie wasn't sure what it really was, but whatever she was feeling in the rapidly forming bond between her and Kaine, it wasn't romantic.

Kaine refused to answer. He refused to fuel her sick games.

Kate chuckled before turning to face the stairs. "Bring him down, boys!"

She turned back to Kaine with a large grin. "Let's see how her mate feels about this, shall we?"

Ellie peeked through her lashes as she heard heavy footsteps dragging something down the steps.

Ellie opened her eyes fully and cried out as she watched two men drag a shirtless, shoeless and unconscious Derek down the stairs roughly.

She threw herself forward, her hands yanking to the side harshly as she fought the chains.

"Derek!"

Kate turned to face Ellie with glee as the men chained Derek to the fence alongside Kaine, only Derek was cuffed directly to the linked fence, arms held above his head while each ankle was cuffed individually.

He didn't have chains like she and Kaine. He wouldn't be able to move at all.

How did she manage to get her filthy hands on Derek without Peter knowing!?

Ellie watched in horror as Kate's men attached something under the right side of Derek's ribs with black tape and attached it directly to the battery that powered the electric current for the fence.

Kate approached the small table with a large smile and turned a small dial and cackled when Derek's body jerked, and he let out a scream that tempered off into a howl as his face morphed completely.