The Show Is Just Beginning

Peter was done with life right now.

He sat in the living room, elbows on his knees, face buried in his palms as his pack chattered unnecessarily loud around him.

Ellie wouldn't leave Danny alone, Stiles was pacing back and forth, unable to sit still, and Derek was brooding over in the corner, brows pinched with his famous frown.

"That's enough!" He called out and the room went silent.

He raised his head up with a look that had Stiles biting back a witty retort of the situation.

"Here's what's going to happen." He glanced over at the clock. "We still have some time before the game. Danny and Stiles are going to go get ready for the game. Danny. We will explain more over dinner tonight. I would like for you to join us."

Danny's eyes widened, as if he hadn't been expecting that and Peter rolled his eyes.

"Like it or not Danny, Ellie seems to have claimed you as pack."

Peter grinned as the boy flushed and grumbled softly to himself. Peter could already feel the beginning of a bond forming with the boy, and he was surprised that the boy seemed to actually like the idea, though Peter guessed the boy had no idea what exactly a pack was quite yet. All would be explained to him soon. There were more important matters to attend to first.

"I am going to go get Noah from work and drop him off at the game before going to talk to Melissa to find out if she knows anything about the text messages that were sent from her account. Ellie, you can come with me or go with Stiles. Your choice."

As Peter finished, he waited for everyone to nod and take off to do as he had basically demanded.

He turned to address Derek directly. "I originally came here to tell you that there was footage found of you being thrown into the side of the school and being unconscious during the attack. Noah sent me here to tell you that you are no longer a wanted fugitive. The whole attack near where you had fallen was captured. As of right now, there is a murderer still out there, but there are also two rabid bears on the loose. Sounds ridiculous but that's what the police decided on." He grinned, eyes flashing red. "The beasts moved too fast to capture just right on video."

Ellie walked closer and nearly threw herself into Peter's side as he stood up. "Can Derek and I go with you then, if he is no longer a wanted man?"

Peter smiled and ran the back of his hand across her neck. "Of course."

~~~~~~

"She isn't here?" Peter asked Mary and the older woman shook her head.

"She left not even ten minutes ago for the game." Mary answered with a small frown. "What's going on?"

Derek and Ellie stood behind Peter as he talked to Mary, not wanting to interrupt Peter laying on his charm. Mary had been delighted to see how well Peter was fairing, especially after how long he had been here and how badly he had been injured. To her, it was a miracle he was up and walking around with his scars almost completely healed and gone from his face.

Ellie frowned as her stomach growled and she turned red when Derek looked down at her with a raised brow.

She slapped lightly at his arm and crossed her arms.

"Shut up." She grumbled before turning to walk down the hall to the left. She worked here long enough to know where the vending machines are located.

"I'll be right back, Der. I'm gonna go get some chips or something."

He moved to follow after her and she pressed a hand to his chest to hold him back. "Stay. I know this place better than my own back hand." She teased and giggled as he rolled his eyes and turned back to face Peter and Mary.