Death's Bullet

Four hours later found Ellie, Noah, Stiles, Derek, and Scott all sitting/standing around Peter's room.

They had told Naoh everything. About Peter, about werewolves, and to Ellie's shock, about Scott and Stiles being mates.

Derek hadn't left Peter's side the whole time.

While Peter's blood was being examined for evidence, Jessica would be locked up in county jail and wouldn't be leaving. Noah had promised as much. They had enough to send her away for a long time.

"Last night, someone killed a bus driver at the school. Tore him apart in the back of the bus. Was it Peter?" Noah asked as he gazed over towards where the man was laying in bed.

Ellie shook her head. "No. But I don't doubt Jessica would have made him a killer sooner rather than later if we hadn't stopped her."

Noah sighed, and Derek stood up to come closer, standing right behind Ellie. "There's another alpha. I heard his call last night. Must have been after the kill. It wasn't the same as the last one we heard. Each wolf has a distinct howl."

Ellie bit her lip and looked over her shoulder, locking eyes with Derek as he kept his gaze on her.

She swallowed thickly. Oh boy. His gaze was so intense.

Noah cleared his throat, and the two looked at him. He raised one of his brows in question as he looked between Derek and Ellie.

"Uh... Is there something going on here between you two?" He asked as he pointed between them. "Mates? Like Scott and Stiles?" Ellie blushed immediately and brought both hands up to cover her flaming cheeks.

Since Stiles had mentioned mates, she had the same exact thought as her father apparently had.

Derek shifted from foot to foot with a look that screamed purely uncomfortable as he gazed at the floor beneath them.

"We haven't had a chance to talk about that yet." Ellie muffled into her palms.

Noah covered up a cough of shock and looked defeated. "Alright. Well..." he looked between his daughter and Derek a few more times before looking Derek dead in the eyes.

"I've been investigating the Hale fire. We think the body we found is Laura, but we can't identify her."

Derek swallowed and looked down at his feet. "About that."

Noah threw his head back. "You have the other half of her, don't you?" He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Alright." He huffed in resignation. Tonight just keeps getting weirder and weirder. "You need to put her body somewhere in the woods. Somewhere we haven't looked yet and call in an anonymous tip. At least then, we can take you off the list of suspects."

Derek gave a curt nod and turned to leave. He paused in the entryway of the room and turned back to speak.

"Kate Argent. She is the reason the fire started that night. She and her family are hunters. She doesn't care if you are human or werewolf. You associate with a wolf, she'll kill you. I need to tell you everything that she did." And then he was gone.

Noah groaned and swiped a hand down his face in exasperation.

"Damn it. I've got a lot of shit to investigate." He looked down at his daughter, who was gazing longingly towards the doorway.

"Dad?" She asked softly.

Noah hummed.

"I want to bring Peter home." She whispered before turning away and heading to Peter's side.