Chapter Thirty-Two | Heroics

The group of witches behind her were already chanting, their palms raised toward the vampire.

"Ellie?" Nelle stepped back in shock.

"God, you are so disappointing Nellie," Ellie groaned. "I can't believe you would side with the vampires after all they've done. What about Naomi? Did she mean nothing to you?"

"You kidnapped Malia!" Nelle shouted. "You tortured her!"

Ellie rolled her eyes.

"She's been so annoying. Nobody can help but fall for poor, little, helpless human Malia. Give me a break. If she has to be collateral, it's no skin off my back."

Ellie waved her hand and Nelle's body flew across the room. It hit the wall and dropped the the floor with a hard thud. Then, Ellie stuck out her hand. Channeling the power of the other witches, she brought the Mikaelsons to the floor in searing pain.

"Ellie, please," Malia could barely move, her body wrecked from torture. "If you ever cared about me at all, please don't hurt them."

Ellie looked sharply at Malia, white-hot anger flashing across her face.

"Why would I care about you?" she growled. "You are so full of it. Once I've harnessed the power of the two most powerful creatures on this planet for the First Coven, I'll kill you. Nothing will make me happier."

Ellie pulled out her bronze dagger and placed it on Elijah's forehead. She began the first cut.

Malia forced her body off the chair and she fell into the closest brother, Klaus. She held him, trying to make the pain stop.

"Please stop this, Ellie."

The witch stopped suddenly, pointing the dagger at Ellie. Elijah's blood dripped from the end.

"You are so annoying! Do you ever shut up? Maybe I should just kill you first so I can get a little peace and quiet."

She started toward Malia angrily.

Though he was weak, Elijah mustered enough strength to shift his leg forward, knocking Ellie onto the ground. The knife fell away from her reach, across the room.

Even more enraged, she stood and turned toward Elijah.

"Are you kidding me? Ugh! I should-"

The knife flew across the room, embedding itself in her back. Malia watched as deep red blood spread around the blade and her former friend dropped to her knees, eyes wide in shock.

"You stabbed me in my back, I stab you in yours," Nelle says, lifting herself from the ground. "Invisique." The two Originals, Malia, and Nelle disappear from sight. The spell that kept the Originals down had faltered when Ellie had fallen.

Elijah scooped a weakened Malia into his arms and jumped backward, through the window behind him. He shields Malia's body with his to protect it from the shards of glass and lands on the ground a story below.

Nelle looked at Klaus with wide eyes.

"I can't do that," she says. 

"Come on, then," Klaus grabs her and jumps out the window, following his brother.