13. A Wedding To Remember

The sun spread across the room at dawn. It was warm and nice under the covers and Alyssa just wanted to lie down, ignore the wedding and sleep. But her handmaid, and friend Tanya, had other plans. To her dismay. The door burst open and in came an afully happy handmaid.

"Good morning, Alyssa Targaryen, the wife-to-be!" she sang with other handmaids walking behind her.

The first held the folded wedding dress, the second held the maiden's cloak, and the third held accessories selected specifically for this day.

"So this is what we're going to do now? I'm not even married yet and you've already changed my last name" She sighed and pulled the covers over her face to hide from her over-energetic handmaid.

But Tanya completely ignored it and instead pulled the entire cover off so it fell to the ground.

"No, no and no, I'm not going to play this game with you" she said playfully as Alyssa laughed her head into her pillow.

"The queen will chop my head off if you're not ready in time, so get. out. of bed" She ordered, starting to shake her to force her to get up.

"Okay, I'm awake and I'm going up!"

"good, up then"

Finally she gave up and got up from the bed and went to the water bowl to wash her face. She stood and thought about what she would do to Aegon if he dared to appear at the altar so full that he could not stand.

Two maids approach the Princess and remove her night dress, Alyssa mourned the fact that at that very moment she was spending her last hours as a free woman. Tanya walked over and puts on the underdress and corset.

Alyssa breathes in as Tanya tugs at the laces to tighten the corset. Then she ties the strings and takes her to the vanity. She combs and braids her hair while the other girls make the bed and lay out the jewelry and the dress.

She stood on a stool in front of the mirror with two maids adjusting the sleeves and the maiden's cloak

Tanya had left the room a long time ago, but she didn't say where she was going. Which was a bit annoying for the already stressed princess.

She looked at the red-haired girl next to her, who was fixing the sleeve of her dress.

"What's your name?" she turned to the girl to her right. The girl began that the princess addressed her. She cleared her throat "Maryah, Princess"

Alyssa nodded "Maryah" she repeated. "Give me that hairpin in the box, will you?"

The girl released her sleeve and did as she was told.

Alyssa motioned for the other girl to release her arm so she could receive the box.

"Make me a hairstyle that I can wear with this hairpin" the girls said nothing but immediately began the task. It was the hairpin that Alicent had given her, that the king had given her on their wedding day. She might as well make a tradition out of it.