60. "Taoba"

~eight months after the hunt~

"Can you hear her?" Alyssa ran her hand through Baelon's hair while he had his small hands spread out on her swollen belly. He listened carefuly, and it was hard not to melt at his thoughtful expression.

He was always asking when the baby was coming and if he was going to have another brother or a sister. Rhaegar was barely a year old, so Alyssa assumed he didn't really understand. The most reasonable thing for him to assume was that she had eaten too much.

He lifted his head and pointed to her stomach, "I hear babe, mama." he exclaimed and lay his head against her belly once again.

Rhaegar sat next to her, pulling at the sleeve of her dress, laughing when she told him no.

She caressed her belly with her hand slowly, thinking about what the queen once said to her. 'You never get used to childbirth' she had said, and now as the pregnancy soon would come to an end she felt more and more nervous about the birth.

Baelon had been a rather easy birth, from what she could remember and Rhaegar as well but she had a bad feeling in her that made her feel uncomfortable and even scared at times.

"What have I miss–"

Baelon Hushed his father almost aggressive the moment  he had entered to speak. His index finger covered his mouth to indicate that he should be quiet. "I hear Babe, Dada, hush."

Aegon made an exaggerated grimace to show his son that he was sorry instead of expressing it in words, learning from the first scolding.

Alyssa pursed her lips, shaking as she laughed quietly. "Mama, still" he comanded.  "Sorry, love" Alyssa giggled and reached out to Aegon as he came closer to the bed to sit down on the edge.

He rested his palm on the swollen belly, having no clue of his wife's worries or worried feelings about this pregnancy. "I hope I am not a bother to you." He said jokingly and kissed her before laying down next to her as best he could without triggering his son.

She laid her head on his shoulder and exhaled slowly, placing her hand over his and watching as Rhaegar's interest in Alyssa's sleeve diminished and he began to play with the adorned chain around Aegon's neck.

"Do you like it?" Aegon cooed while his youngest son kept toying with the chain. "Pretty isn't it?"

The little boy babbled things none of them could understand, making them both laugh untill they got scolded by Baelon once again.

Alyssa then caressed Aegons hand and her thumb managed to touch the uneven skin around his fingernails.

She squeezed his hand once and that seemed to be enough for him to understand what she meant by the gesture.

"Tanya, Mariah, can you come and take the children for a little while?"

The two nodded in union, walking towards the children. Tanya gave Baelon her hand "Come here little princeling, let's go and find those new toys"

Baelon held Tanya's hand and had the other one of his hands in his mouth as he looked up at the maid "Pway?"

"Yes we will go and play"