34. Memories

~ Twelve Years Earlier ~

The day had barely begun when the seven-year-old prince sat in the library with the maester, bored out of his fucking brain. He fiddled with whatever he could find, which made it harder for him to keep up with what he was saying.

"A huge dragon" Said the maester Slowly In high Valerian for Prince to memorize. But what he said went in one ear and then out the other. How the hell could you be good at this?

"A Great house" He guessed, fiddling with a red gem that he found lying in his room. If there was one thing he hated, it was the language lessons, he was just thankful that he wasn't a woman so he didn't have to work with needle and thread.

"Almost my prince, next time you'll make it splendidly. Just a little more practice," he encouraged, but Aegon didn't care a bit about any progress as the only thing that he wanted now was a cold bitter cup of wine. He lifted his head in happiness when he was allowed to go and it felt like he had been freed from torture.

Without wasting another minute, he got up to go to his mother's chamber, presumably to show her his non-existent development in high Valerian.

He was walking quietly on his way to Maegor's Holdfast when suddenly his four-year-old niece ran up and threw her arms around his waist. It felt strange to the prince to be embrace like that, especially when the intimate gestrue came so unsystematicly. Aegon looked down at her with deeply furrowed brows and held up her hands as if she were carrying some kind of disease.

She kept her arms around his waist, for a little girl at the age of four, she was quite strong. Then suddenly she lifted her head and looked up at him with a smile. "Please, please Aegon play with me"

He stared at her with wide eyes and furrowed brows. Fuck.

_______________________________________

Alyssa stood at the full-length mirror in  the room and straightened the skirt of her dark blue dress, there was to be a tournament for the king and queen's nineteenth wedding anniversary and she was prepareing for the event. She styled her hair in a half-updo with the same blue hair accessory that Alicent had gifted her on her wedding day.

As she saw her reflection in the mirror she could also spot  Aegon coming up behind her. He rested his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her stomach and waist. She loved when he did this, some might think it clingy, but if this was his way of showing her love, then she would not comolain.

"You look devine" His voice was muffled with his mouth on her shoulder. She laid her hands on his and laughed softly. "And you look poseively handsome" She replied.

"It's such a shame that we have to attend this Tournament" he sighed and she felt his hot breath on her neck "we could have had a lot more fun here" his mischievious grin was shown in the mirror and Alyssa turned to look at him.

She stood on her toes, taking her lips to his. He ran his hand around her waist and the other behind her neck. But finally she pulled back and gave him one last kiss on the cheek. Disapointment was panted al over his face as she pulled away with a amused grin.

"Let's go, we'll be late otherwise"

"Don't toy with me, my love"

"I would never even dream of it"

_______________________________________

Aegon opened the door of his mother's chamber to see Helaena sitting on the floor with a long caterpillar in her hands. His mother sat next to Helaena and watched. He could not help but feel discusted by his sisters obsession with small crawling things but he always got scolded by his mother if he ever mentioned it.