64. Unsuitable For A Lady

Laughter bubbles up in Alyssa as she goes through gifts sent during the week. She knew Aegon wasn't going to do it, so if she didn't, no one would.

These gifts were supposed to be for the eldest prince of the realm on his twenty-seventh name day, but somehow it was more like entertainment for Alyssa since she was laughing at some of the things he had been given.

Tanya also covered her mouth and shook with laughter, but that was more because of Alyssa's joy and amusement than her own.

"Can you imagine Aegon in this?" she could barely speak as she held up a garment sent by Lord Lannister. If this was expensive, it was unwisely spended money.

Tanya shook her head while laughing, it was really redicilous what the lannisters could come up with sometiems.

With them sat Aelys on a chair, playing with a doll Aegon had given her on her fourth Nameday "I like it, mother." she said, making the women stop their laughing and earning their attention.

Alyssa saw her daughter as the most wonderful little girl in existence, she was always happy, always kind, and despite this grotesque garment given to Aegon, she still showed gratitude for it. Even if she didn't like it herself.

Alyssa kissed her daughter on the cheek, thinking her the most sweet little girl in the whole world. She had grown quite a bit over the years and was certainly a lot like Alyssa herself with her silvery curls and lavender purple eyes. Not only was she a wonderful little girl who charmed everyone around her, but she was the apple in her father's eye and could get away with everything.

Already at the age of two, she had been walking around in the keep talking randomly to knights, giving them compliments and wanting them to give her attention.

Aelys spotted a golden necklace on the table among the other gifts and reached for it. The necklace was very beautiful in her eyes with its green gemstone in the middle and the golden details all around. Her finger trailed the pattern and she observed the jewelry with a lot of care.

While Alyssa lay brought forth her own gifts for her husband she saw her daughter in the corner of her eye, observing a rather intresting piece of jewelry. "What have you found there, sweetling?"

Aelys lifted the neackles by the chain and showed it to her mother before pulling it back to her face so that she could continiue to stare at it. Alyssa chuckled at the girls cute face she made when she looked consentrated."Will you give it to your father?" she asked.

The little princess looked up at her mother before looking back at the neackles "Father likes green."

She nodded, surely it must have been a gift from his uncle in oldtown, or the queen. It then occurred to her that Aegon was still asleep and she needed to wake him up for the day. "Aelys, my darling. Stay here with Tanya, and I'll go and wake up your father."

"Can we have cake later?"

"Yes, I'll make sure of that."

Tanya went up to the girl and gave her her hand, "Come on, little princess. Let's see what else there's for fun here."

Alyssa chuckled happily as she watched one of her oldest friends walk away with her daughter. She felt a sense of joy and pride in her eyes as she left to go to the chamber where Aegon was sleeping.

In the corridors there were lots of servants who seemed to be in as good a mood as she was. They stopped and bowed when they saw her, and in return she smiled pleasantly at them.

When she was in the part of the castle where they lived, she saw Sir Arryk go from the chamber door. She gave him the same pleasant smile she had given the others, and he bowed his head in respect. "Sir Arryk"