58. A Prince And A Sword

The cold water runs down Alyssa's dry throat, she feels her heart pounding hard in her chest as she tries to breathe.

She thought that everything would calm down when they came out on this hunt, that a little healthier environment would help put her trouble mind at ease.

She looked outside the tent and it was still dark outside, not pitch black but it was very early in the morning which still filled her with a calm. Her eyes wandered to Aegon who seemed to be deep in her sleep before she put on her coat to get out of the tent.

The air out there was very cold, but it was what she needed right now to calm herself down a bit after that horrible dream she had had so many times. It's always the same.

The nightgown is thin and doesn't offer any warmth like the coat does, but she couldn't return to the tent again until everything had been prossesed and taken care of.

She didn't even think about how far away from the tent she had come, and she hadn't cared even if she knew. The heartbeat in her chest had Slowly but surely she calmed down, the sound of running water and her shoes walking on the gravel on the ground sent a calm feeling in her body and it felt like she could finally breathe again.

She kept walking alone in her own thoughts untill she heard footsteps coming from behind her. In a rush she turned around to see who it was and was immediately releaved but also stunned to see Aegon walking up to her, with his dark green tunic slightly unbuttoned and a black coat.

She offered him a small smile when he got close but she realised that his face had a stern expression and furred brows. "Next time you leave, wake me up so I don't have to worry."

She knew he cared a lot about her and didn't like it when she left without saying where she was going and with whom, it was like an unwritten rule between the two of them after everything that had happened at the beginning of their marriage.

She placed her hand gently on his chest, feeling his warmth "I'm sorry, I didn't want to awaken you"

His gaze seemed to soften at her sweet voice and he grabbed her hand "Why are you out here, my love? It is cold and I fear you might become ill becuase of it."

She smiled at him, enjoying the fact that he cared so much and turned her eyes to the pelvis that made such soothing noise. "I have had trouble finding sleep latley. This... Dream dosen't seem to leave my mind."

She felt him squeeze her hand lovingly before leaning his forehead against hers. It felt like it had been years since they had spent time alone like this and it felt so good to be able to feel what she felt now.

He then pulled away to lead her down by the pelvis, seating himself on the grass with her. She seated herself between his legs and leaned againgst his chest with his arms wrapped around her, warming her more than any coat could.

He kissed her cheek, a long, slow Kiss before resting his head lightly on the crown of her head "Tell me about it, tell me what you dream of."

His voice was low and soothing for her ears and the fear melted slowly away as she whispered "I walk in a corridor with our children, and Helaena." she started, focsing her gaze on the slow-flowing water. "We enter a chamber where two men appear but I cannot identify who they are. One of them begin to speak in a cold, almost mocking tone."

She felt Aegon holding her slightly tighter "And what do they say?" he asked tenderly against her hair.

"I am not quite sure whom they are adressing, but he asks 'Wich one, your Grace?'. Then before I can even scream or do enything there is blood spilling all over the floor and everyone starts screaming."