25. An invitation

"Did you manage to get any sleep? You seem to sleep well despite having two little ones." Alyssa sat with little Jaeharys in her arms, rocking back and forth while holding a small toy above her to catch his attention. It was truly enchanting how such a small human who could not speak or do more than wave his arms could bring so much joy.

"Jaeharys can be a bit grumpy at times, but during the night he lets me and Daeron rest, but Rhaella on the other hand is quiet the whole time, she just lays there and is content with everything going on around her. With not a care in the world" replied Helaena and took a sip of her tea that the master gave her every day, apparently it will help her somehow with the healing process. Beside her, Rhaella lay in her small bed, rocking back and forth, but as Helaena said, the girl didn't react much to things going on around her.

"It's a good thing she's happy anyway" she smiled down at the boy in her arms who had some how managed to snatch the toy from her hands. But he was not strong enough to hold it so instead it ended up on the floor. This sent a small chuckled from her throat as she beamed at the child.

"They are adorable, and there's a little mischief in this one. I heard he pulls Dareon's hair a lot" she and Helaena lauhhed in union.

"He dose, Daeron was trying to play with him and somehow he managed to pull his hair" she giggled.

"You are Lucky you are so cute, that's how you'll get away with everything" Alyssa said and filled her cheeks with air to make him react, she proceded to stick out her toung but he reached out for her hair instead, making her pull away fast before he could grab hold of it.

"I saw what you did there, you little trickster"

"I told you, you are Lucky he did not grab it, he May be little but he pulls hard"

"Yeah, i'll be sure to remember it" they both started to laugh laudly untill they where interupted by Aemond enter g the chamber. They seazed their laughter and Alyssa continued to play with Jaeharys as Helaena stood to greet him.

"Brother! What have you been doing?" she asked laying her hand on his arm.

"I just came to see if you are allright, but it seems i have been beaten to it." He said looking at Alyssa. "Princess"

Alyssa looked up from the Babe and offered him a court nod "Prince Aemond"

The prince then sat down beside Helaena and listened to Helaena while she introduced Rhaella to him. Alyssa then stood from her seat.

"I should go now, you need to rest" Alyssa put Jaeharys back into his crib and stood to give Helaena a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

"We should sometime again, with your ladies" Helaena said and held Alyssa's hand. "Of course, as soon as you feel better we will meet with them"

She turned to Aemond and gave a stiff smile "good day" He just nodded, keeping the stoic expression on his face.

**********

Walking out of the chamber, Alyssa has a feeling she hasn't felt in a very long time. It had all began to vore her out, all these routines, all these rules, all these uncomfortablr discussions and dinners. Now a tripp to dragonstone felt like the only right right Thing to do, but the queen would surley not approve.

Speaking of the high tower in the castle, only a few feet away walked the queen with ser criston behind her. Her hands in the same place ass always and her expression as cold as Aemond's. As she approached, Alyssa too placed her hands i. Front of her belly and gave the queen the same curtsy as always, for even if her mother was not Alicent's biggest fan she always told her to show respect.