One

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~            

"Cece...please just believe me when I say that this is for the best." My sister says, her eyes shining with sympathy as she stares over at me from the drivers seat.

I scowl out the window, completely ignoring her and not bothering to look at her. Her eyes could look as sorry as they want, but I knew deep down she wasn't bothered with me leaving. Just as always, she would follow whatever orders our father would send out. Including me being sent far away from them.

No one believed me when I said it wasn't me, but I wasn't expecting them to. Everyone in that stupid household hated me and believed me to be a burden and they obviously jumped at the first excuse to get rid of me.

Which is what they're doing right now. Some stupid little incident happened and the blame fell on me and now I was being sent away to some fancy little boarding school hours away from my home and my friends. 

Not that I had many friends anyways, but still.

With one more sigh, my sister, Arabella, finally gives up on trying to win me back over. By now she's probably remembering my crazy stubbornness and pettiness when it comes to arguments.

I mean, at least she had the decency to actually drive me to this place instead of shipping me off in some taxi like my dad initially wanted. 

Speaking of which, we'd been driving for quite a while now and I'm guessing we're almost there judging by a sudden change in scenery. The roads began to turn more gravelly and our car shook just slightly every few seconds when we ran over rocks or pebbles. Trees began to surround us more and more as we drove further, slightly shielding off the sunlight. Quickly after, the trees lessened again and the rocks were replaced by large patches of tall, green grass. 

I felt part of my fight against the school die down when a large, castle-like building came into view, looking a lot like a smaller version of Hogwarts. Okay... maybe boarding school wasn't the worst thing if I got to walk around in a castle like this every day.

Overgrown vines were growing up the side of the building, surrounding it and making it look like the building had been up for a while. The school looked like it had it's own little garden, wisteria and tulips and narcissus and so many other flowers covering the lawn next to a fancy water fountain standing in the middle of the entrance to the school.

Finally making it to the front, my sister parked the car and looked over at me with another sad look. "I really am sorry, you know. But this really could be good for you." She tried to smile encouragingly. "I mean, you'll be living in a dorm with other girls, you'll be studying and it'll be nice for your education, and you can just have some time to yourself, away from dad and all," she said.