Chapter 16

"Whose car is this?" Cecilia slurs, tilting her head to the side as she looks out the window from where she sits in the back

"Don't worry about it." I wave her off.

I'm not going to tell them I stole the car from some random kid.

In my defense, it's his fault because who leaves their keys on a random table? He was pretty much asking for someone to just take it.

"What happened to Alex?" Luca, being the only sober one, asks.

I look over at Alex, who's sitting in the passenger seat with a bloodied towel to his nose. "I think it's kind of obvious."

Cecilia giggles, and Luca gives her a strange look. Grayson's currently passed out next to him, slouching over him as he drools on his shoulder. At least if he throws up in here, it's not my own car.

"Where are we going?" Cecilia questions.

"To get you guys into bed." I answer shortly, taking a turn on a gravelly road.

"I feel dizzy."

"Yeah, probably because you were drinking." I roll my eyes to myself.

"I didn't know I was!" She crossed her arms over her chest defensively.

"Wait, you're drunk?" Luca pipes in.

"I didn't know I was drinking!"

"How do you not know?" He asks curiously. "Don't you, like, taste alcohol?"

"How am I supposed to know if I've never tasted alcohol?"

He frowns in consideration then shrugs. "I don't know."

"See?" She turns to me. "It's not my fault."

"It still is. You still accepted a drink from someone when I told you not to." I point out.

"You said not to take a drink from a stranger," she corrects. "Owen isn't a stranger."

"When did you guys meet?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Like, earlier today..."

"Exactly." I deadpan. "You literally met him today, that's still considered a stranger."

"Hey, why was he even there?" She randomly asks. "I thought you guys mentioned something about our school not being allowed at one of their parties."

"It's not necessarily our school that's not allowed to go." Alex speaks up. "It's just us four. Well, technically us three. Luca hasn't done anything." He adds.

Luca grins in response. Cecilia looks at him and smiles cheerily like it's the greatest accomplishment for him.

"Well, why are you three not allowed to go?" She questions, sitting up and leaning over the middle console and sticking her head in between us.