Chapter 9

A/N: ahhh right now this book is number #389 in Boys (as I'm writing this but probably not by the time I actually publish it) and I know that's nothing CRAZY but it's out of over 38k stories so it's honestly kinda cool to me so thank you to everyone reading and voting! It means a lot and please keep up with the comments! It gives me more motivation to update more <33

A/N: ahhh right now this book is number #389 in Boys (as I'm writing this but probably not by the time I actually publish it)  and I know that's nothing CRAZY but it's out of over 38k stories so it's honestly kinda cool to me so thank you to every...

I was right when I first walked into this school, this place quite literally came straight out of Harry Potter, and the library I'm currently standing in is just proof of that.

The thing was huge. No, huge wasn't even a good enough word for the greatest library I'd ever seen. It was gorgeous with the intricate designs built into the mahogany walls, golden accents highlighting the details. The bookshelves were so tall and high it probably would take almost seven of me stacked on top of each other to be able to reach the highest section. Because of that, several long ladders were attached to a railing on the top, allowing them to slide like those ones from The Beauty and the Beast.

And on the shelves, so many books. Books, books, and books. It was like heaven on earth.

"You done drooling over our library?" A shoulder nudges mine.

I break from my little trance and look at Matteo who was staring at me with an impatient look. "I wasn't drooling." I mumble defensively.

"Right..." He says in an unbelieving tone.

"I wasn't- you know what, never mind." I start walking to where Luca and Alex were already sat with multiple open books laid across their table. Luca had just snarked something I couldn't hear to Alex when he looked up, his eyes landing on mine. His usual friendly grin plasters itself on his face and like an instinct, I find myself reciprocating it.

Alex takes a deep breath of annoyance but then takes on a calm look to his face to greet Matteo and I.

I take my seat next to Luca at the same time that Grayson walks through the library doors, a petite red headed girl by his side- probably his paired partner.

She's pretty. The type of pretty you'd see on a girl while scrolling through Pinterest. As she and Grayson walk closer to us, I get to notice more of her features further. Bright pink and full lips, light freckles scattered around her cheeks and nose, and pretty green eyes. She looks like who I imagine as Jolene from that one Dolly Parton song.

They finally reach our table, both with friendly smiles on their faces but hers a little brighter. She's seem's nice.

Matteo was still standing idly near Alex when Grayson makes eye contact with me and begins walking towards my seat, probably with the intent of sitting next to me. Right as he's about to put his hand on the chair to pull it out, Matteo beats him to it by rather quickly placing his hand on it. His movements slow down as he calmly sits down, staring up at Gray with an innocent look. Strange.