Chapter 20

As I walk into my room, my eyes instantly find and narrow on Luca's figure that's draped around Cecilia's

Her head was tilted at an uncomfortable angle, the reason being Luca's head that was crushing her shoulder and taking up room. His shoulder is rammed next to her side, and his legs are sprawled over the rest of her bed, taking up more than half of the bed and forcing her to barely an inch of space at the edge of the bed.

And the rest of the space at the bottom of the bed was taken up by a drooling Grayson, loudly snoring and taking up her foot space.

Which, left her to a little scrunched up ball in what little space she has, her hands bawled up by her face.

A strange, unfamiliar feeling warms at my chest and I instinctively bring up a hand to rub away whatever it is. The fuck?

Except I don't need to rub it away, because it immediately disappears when my eyes find their way back to Luca, and it's quickly replaced by a sour taste in my mouth and gut.

Why the fuck does he have to be so close to her?

My eyes narrow at the two of them. I'm not quiet when I close the door behind me.

Luca shuffles around, before sitting up and rubbing at his eyes in confusion. He looks down at Cecilia, then me, then at the paused tv, then back at me.

He shoots me a tiny, nervous smile.

I glare further at him.

"We were watching Mean Girls." He mumbles, bring a hand to rub at the back of his neck.

"And that means you and this little fuck," I kick Grayson's foot, "had to come over and sleep in her bed, when yours are perfectly fine and right over there?"

"We were doing face masks." He smiles.

"The fuck?"

"What?" He exclaims in defense. "Why's it so weird?"

I shake my head, "get out of her bed, you're taking up her space."

He must suddenly realize his position, because he listens and shoots away from her, taking to the other side of the bed.

The movement disturbs Cecilia, though, because I watch in silence as she shuffles around, her eyes fluttering for a moment, before remaining closed.

Luca frowns as he squints at me, "hey what's that?"

"What's what?"

"That." His finger points at the side of my cheek.

"That would be my face." I drawl.

"No-" he rolls his eyes. "It's all bruised."

I bring a hand up to my cheekbone, cringing when a sharp jolt of pain rolls through my skin. "It's, ah- nothing."