A new life

Looking at beautiful dark sky in my night shift as security guard instead of watching movies or anime on my laptop while the only problem is my tired eyes wanting to send me into the sweet sleep, man, I hate this job, you have to do nothing, and the paying is nothing as well, at least you don't have to work like in retail, or any other job, I love to live, not to live for work.

Putting aside my hatred for works, I was ready to go back inside my small booth with just a chair and a small table where my laptop was pluged into the outlet, but a sudden sound coming from the factory, make me jump in fear, as a security guard, you need to check the place, but I think I speak for every brother in this field when I say that we pray to never have to find someone trying to rob us.

Almost every time is just some homeless person trying to get arrested for the free roof over his head and food in his belly, a drunk person that who knows how he got there, the worst is a thief that is ready to do whatever it takes to steal some items that will bring him some bucks. 

Using my flashlight, I start to walk towards the source of the sound, my hand was shaking, making the yellow dot to move in every part like a flashlight from an indie horror game, if you play one of these. 

Reaching the place where the sound was coming, I witness the backdoor open with the lock on the ground, I swallow the saliva I was having in my mouth, my neck was painful enough to be sure I won't ask the deadly question "Who's there?" because I will just tell the thief my position. 

Trying to not get inside, I was standing by the door, moving the yellow dot between the tiles factory, trying to see a shadow that will make me to run home, screw that laptop, was a piece of shit any way. 

I see nobody, that means I need to go inside, before that, will be better to call the police in case of something, maybe they will come at the right time to save me from a bullet between my eyes. 

After I hear the voice of the female operator from the other side of the line, someone hits me in the back of my head with something hard, maybe a baseball bat, maybe a crowbar, the hit was fatal because I can see the world getting darker and darker as the pain wasn't important any more, from the phone, the voice was asking about the problem, but nobody respond, I hope it was a long time for her to see the location of my phone and find this bastard.

My vision become dark, going away with fear of what is on the other side."Where m'i?" I open my eyes in a waiting room with other people, each one was crying like they reach home and their entire family was killed in cold blood, I take a sit beside a guy who looks to be in his early 40's, his hair was short and black, an eye blue while the other was green, that problem I don't remember.

Sitting beside him, he ask me, "How you die?" the question take me off guard, looking at him, I say an shocked "What?", his face turn to me, his 2 colors eye where fixed on my brown ones "Listen pal, you're dead, this is the afterlife waiting room, as you can see, these people cry their hearts out because they won't have another chance to see their families" that explains the sad mood of this room "What about you?, no cry for the loved ones?" I was afraid of the possibility that I was talking with a serial killer, why i'm afraid when we're already dead. 

With the same calm voice, he start to talk again "Because I don't have one, i'm an orphan, no family to love, just me, not regretting the losing of my poor life, how you die?" he return his face to others "I try to talk with them, hoping that I will make them happy, but they feel a pain that I can't understand, what about you, any family?, you look young, like an young adult that shouldn't be in this place of dead and sorrow" I start to feel calm talking with this guy, maybe he really was a good guy when he was living "I was in the night shift at my job of security guarding a tile factory, I hear a sound and check the place, long story short, someone hit me on the back, sending me here, I was living with my family, an old minded father that was a little racist, my mother was my best friend, I miss her, I was just a fail for my dad, someone that was not good at any thing" I start to cry, suddenly, I feel his left palm on my left shoulder, he was one arm hugging me.