I

Caught In The Middle
In which you'd rather burn than choose a side

...~<<<()>>>~...

Fire.
It eats
And eats
And eats
Fuelled by oxygen
And destruction

She felt as if she was drowning in smoke, it was as if the fire was closing in on all sides.

She didn't know what was hotter, the flames or her rage.

She could hear screams in the distance, calls to bring more water, cries for help and fear. But none of them were for her. She would have to brave the flames alone.

Above the roar of the fire she could hear the galloping of hooves, "shit I may have gone a bit overboard, you need to get out of here," Sapnap warned. You weren't dumb, you knew this a terroristic ploy by Dream to try and smoke out Tommy Innit, Wilbur Soot and the other L'Manburg cronies.

(Y/n) crossed your arms and frowned, "yeah, no shit dumbass," (y/n) snapped as she gestured towards the glow of the fire in the trees.

"Look I only came as a courtesy, Dream also thinks it isn't fair you got caught up in the madness," Sapnap apologised but you could see it in his eyes, he wasn't sympathetic at all, not even an ounce, he was only sorry that the arson backfired.

She wanted to throw a sword at him, the small cottage, the home she had dedicated hours to build was all about to be destroyed, "just do yourself a favour and fuck off Sapnap, I'll get myself out of the mess you created," she snarled.

Sapnap turned his horse around, "Dream is prepared to compensate-

"I don't care what Dream wants to do!" She yelled, "for such a mastermind, he clearly didn't account for this fuck up, now I basically gotta get anything important and get out of here and the longer I spend talking you, the less I can take," (y/n) grumbled as she turned away from him and walked inside.

(Y/n) grabbed the necessities, clothes, food, money, weapons and any other valuables that were going to be difficult to replace. She then grabbed one of the many potions that she simply would not be able to carry. Fire resistance.

And with everything she needed she walked through fire and flame to a large clearing the fire would not be able to burn. She pitched a tent, it was a lot further into the forest and if the forest didn't completely burn down she decided to put her next house there, far away from the Dream SMP and L'Manburg and whatever chaos they tried to drag her into.

The next morning she sat at the edge of her campfire brewing a tea. Thankfully she could get some sleep last night because the fire moved all the hostile mobs along. She appreciated the quiet morning, she was disappointed that it wasn't filled with bird song, a lot of wild life fled from the fire.

She could hear voices coming from the forest, "well, if it isn't dumb, dumber and dumbest," she scowled as Tommy, Wilbur and Tubbo walked through ten tree line.

"I'm not dumb woman!" Tommy screeched at her but Wilbur grabbed his shoulder to keep him from doing anything stupid.

"Ignore Tommy, we're here to apologise for your house burning down," Wilbur said sincerely.

"It wouldn't have happened if she joined L'Manburg," Tommy mumbled, Wilbur kicked him, (Y/n) could see the glance that Wilbur gave him, they weren't here to offer their apologies.

"Dream already tried, he at least had the audacity to try and get me to choose a side whilst my livelihood was in danger," she said angrily, she felt like throwing boiling water on them.

"We are truly sorry and we're prepared to compensate-

"Fuck off Wilbur Soot and take dumb and dumbest with you," she snapped.