V

Debate
In which you get some well needed and deserved pay back

...~<<<()>>>~...

(Y/N) stepped into her home, the air heavy with the distinct scent of the Nether clinging to her. Her fingers clutched her sack of blaze rods, harvested from the fiery depths. The excitement of a successful expedition gleamed in her eyes.

Entering her  potion room, she placed the blaze rods on the table and snapped them with a swift motion. The crackling sound filled the room as she prepared to grind them into a fine powder using a mortar. The rhythmic thud echoed, the room lit only by the dim glow of brewing stands and scattered torches.

As (Y/N) focused on her alchemical work, the door burst open with a bang. Tommy and Tubbo stormed in, eyes wide with concern.

"(Y/N)! Where the heck have you been?!" Tommy screeched.

Tubbo, equally worried, frantically scanned the room. "We thought something happened to you! We found your place in a mess!"

(Y/N) looked up, a bemused smile on her face."Calm down, guys. I've just been in the Nether, getting blaze rods."

Tommy's eyes narrowed in disbelief."The Nether? For two days? You left us worried sick!"

(Y/N) chuckled, placing the ground blaze powder into a container. "I needed to stock up on blaze rods for potions, and time flies in the Nether. Besides, it's not like I can just stroll in and out."

Tubbo, his worry slowly turning into relief, crossed his arms."You could've at least left a note or something. We were about to organize a search party!"

(Y/N) set the container aside, understanding their concern. "I appreciate the concern, really. Next time, I'll leave a note. But for now, look at this – blaze powder for days!"

Tommy, while still a bit grumpy, couldn't help but be intrigued by the alchemical display. "Fine, blaze powder is cool and all, but you owe us an explanation next time you decide to vanish into the Nether." She wasn't mentioning the cause of her destroyed house and it seemed that she had no intention to tell them.

(Y/N) nodded, her grin unwavering as she continued to grind blaze rods into powder. "How long are you just going to keep making blaze powder?" Tommy questioned, he had bought (Y/N)'s potions before but had never been interested in the art.

"Until I'm finished, it's better to ground down blaze rods whilst as soon as possible that way the natural heat will be preserved as long as possible," she answered.

"Why are you grinding more blaze powder? Being a potion maker shouldn't you have plenty?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah and where's all your potions woman, your shelves are usually packed," Tommy blurted.

She stopped for a second. It was rare second because the stubborn, independent, free spirited (Y/N) looked tired, really tired, she looked as if she was about to give up. Her hands covered her face and she rubbed her eyes. She then looked over to the two boys with a smile, "it's been a busy week of sales, everyone has been buying my potions," she assured.

They'd accept her answer for now but they knew what truly happened. Schlatt. "We better get back to Wilbur and let him know you're alright (Y/N), we have a debate with Swag2020 tonight and the election is next week so we better get going," Tubbo said as he dragged Tommy out the door.

...~<<<()>>>~...

Night had set and the town had gathered. Torches brightened the crowd and stage as they waited for the 2 parties to take their places on the opposing sides of the stage.