XLI

Betrayal
In which breeds revenge

...~<<<()>>>~...

Tubbo, resigned to the situation, handed the disc over to Dream. Technoblade, concerned, addressed Tommy, "To– Tommy-" Dream secured the disc in his ender chest, and Technoblade continued, "Tommy, are you– are you sure about that decision, Tommy?"

Technoblade warned, "The– The difficulty just went way up, Tommy, I'm just sayin'."

Tommy, grappling with his actions, questioned himself, "What am I–"

Tubbo, uncertain, expressed, "I- I don't-"

Tommy, whispering to himself, "What am I doing...?"

Technoblade sought clarification, "Tommy...?"

Dream, amused, stated, "Okay?"

Technoblade pressed, "Tommy? Tommy, what are you doin'?"

Dream, expressing gratitude, said to Tubbo, "Thank you, Tubbo. I really... appreciate it."

Tommy, feeling regret, looked at Technoblade and confessed, "Techno, I– I'm so– I'm so- I'm... This isn't me, this isn't- I mean, I look around, and I'm- I'm not the person I wanna be...?"

Technoblade, trying to understand, questioned, "Tommy. What are you sayin'?"

Tommy, addressing Technoblade directly, sighed, "No, I mean, I'm– I- I'm so sorry."

Technoblade, trying to offer an escape plan, urged Tommy, "Tommy, we can get outta here, we can pearl out. I'd cover your escape, Tommy...?"

Tommy, however, stared at Technoblade, a heaviness in his expression.

Technoblade continued to persuade, "We can still get outta here, Tommy, we can regroup! We can plan for another day, Tommy–"

Tommy, lost in his internal struggle, interrupted, "Techno. Techno, if this is what I've become, then I don't wanna be me anymore, man. I... I'm, I'm–"

Technoblade, alarmed, sought clarification, "Tommy, what are you sayin'...?"

Tommy, bearing the weight of his decisions, admitted, "I'm... sorry." He then moved closer to Tubbo.

Technoblade, unable to comprehend, pressed, "What do you mean, Tommy...?"

Tommy, looking at Tubbo, made a decisive declaration, "I'm with Tubbo." He stood beside Tubbo, leaving Technoblade in disbelief.

Reacting to the turn of events, Technoblade exclaimed, "I'm not, Te– well, what am I doing?! What am I- We–"

Technoblade, realizing the gravity of the situation, concluded, "You're betrayin' me and (y/n) is what you're doin' Tommy!"

Tommy, grappling with the weight of his decisions, exclaimed, "Technoblade! If the discs are s– I– I'm worse than everyone I've hated!"

Technoblade, pointing out the contradiction, retorted, "You've just told him to give the disc to Dream!"

Tommy, in a moment of self-realization, confessed, "I'm worse than everyone I've hated! I'm worse than everyone I didn't wanna be!" He turned to face Dream, a mix of regret and frustration evident in his expression. "You know the– you know– You know–"