X

The Edge
In which you're beginning to regret some choices

...~<<<()>>>~...

The chilling waters of the river embraced (Y/N), a relentless current carrying her downstream as she struggled against the pull. She was beginning to regret this method of escape. Her shivering form clung to consciousness, the biting cold seeping into her bones. The distant sounds of Quackity and his pursuers echoed behind her, their relentless pursuit growing closer with each passing moment.

Quackity's urgent commands resonated through the air, and (Y/N) felt a renewed determination to escape. She kicked against the water, her limbs heavy and aching, but a surge of adrenaline kept her moving. The dense forest on either side blurred as the current swept her along, the rhythmic splashes of her labored strokes merging with the relentless roar of the river.

As the river quickened its pace, (Y/N)'s strength waned. Each gasping breath felt like a struggle, and the cold began to gnaw at her resilience. Her mind, once focused on evading capture, now drifted to thoughts of Technoblade, the warmth of Pogtopia, and an undeniable frustration with Tommy for leading her into this perilous situation.

Amidst the chaos, (Y/N) found herself yearning for Technoblade's reassuring presence. She wished he were there, remembering how his strong arms had wrapped around her, effortlessly lifting her to safety on a ledge. She missed the sense of security he brought, the unwavering strength that could turn the tides in their favor.

The surroundings blurred into a dizzying cascade of motion as the river surged, pulling (Y/N) under the water's surface. She fought against the current, desperate to reclaim the air her lungs craved. Emerging, gasping, she strained against the relentless force that sought to drag her under once more.

Her limbs protested with every stroke, the fatigue setting in like an unrelenting weight. The ominous sound of rushing water grew louder, signaling an approaching waterfall. Dread clutched at her as the current quickened, carrying her toward the edge.

As the waterfall's edge drew near, (Y/N)'s heart raced, a mix of fear and determination coursing through her. The tumultuous cascade awaited below, threatening to swallow her whole. The pursuit, the cold, and the relentless river converged in this moment of impending peril, leaving (Y/N) teetering on the brink of a watery abyss, desperately missing the strength and support of Technoblade. She shook her head at herself, she was surprised, she never let herself get attached that easily.

Quackity and his thugs stood at the edge of the falls, their eyes widening in shock as they witnessed (Y/N)'s defiant gesture, a middle finger raised in a final act of rebellion before she disappeared over the cascading waterfall. The roaring water swallowed her form, leaving only ripples in its turbulent wake.

"What the hell just happened?" one of the thugs exclaimed, staring at the foaming water below.

Quackity, visibly taken aback, shook his head, trying to process the unexpected turn of events. "Did she just... did she just give us the finger?" he muttered, disbelief etched on his face.

His cohorts exchanged bewildered glances, grappling with the reality of (Y/N)'s daring escape. The once-confident group now stood in uneasy silence, their plans thwarted by the unpredictable force of the river.

"She's gone," Quackity declared, his tone a mixture of frustration and surprise. "There's no way she survived that fall." She's drowned and would continue to drown until all 3 of the lines on her wrist were gone