XXXIII

An Unwelcomed Visitor
In which you gotta hide Tommy from the homeless masked man
...~<<<()>>>~...

(Y/n) swiftly wiped her hands on her apron, a sense of urgency replacing her casual cleaning routine. Spotting Dream in the distance, she hurriedly approached Technoblade, who was working on some tasks nearby.

"Techno, we've got a problem," she whispered, glancing back to ensure Dream hadn't come too close.

Technoblade raised an eyebrow, sensing the urgency in her tone. "What's going on?"

"Dream's heading this way. We need to hide Tommy," she explained, her eyes flickering toward the chest nearby.

Understanding the situation, Technoblade nodded. "Quick, stash him in the chest. We can use that invisibility potion we've been saving."

Together, they swiftly dashed into the basement. Techno wrapped a cloth around Tommy's mouth to keep him from screaming, careful not to make a sound they threw him inside a chest. (Y/n) retrieved the invisibility potion and splashed it over Tommy, who vanished from sight.

As they closed the chest, Technoblade muttered, "Stay quiet and hidden until Dream is gone. We'll handle this."

(Y/n) nodded, a determined look in her eyes. "Let's make sure he doesn't find anything suspicious."

Opening the door, (Y/n) feigned a pleasant smile as Dream stood on their doorstep. His eyes immediately caught sight of the ring on her finger, and a curious expression crossed his face.

"Hey, Dream. What brings you here?" she asked, trying to keep the conversation light.

Dream's gaze lingered on the ring before he shifted his attention to (Y/n). "Nice ring. Something special?"

Technoblade, who had joined them by the door, replied casually, "Oh, just a little something we picked up. You know how it is."

Dream raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced by the nonchalant response. "Looks like more than just a trinket. What's the story?"

(Y/n) exchanged a quick glance with Technoblade, the unspoken agreement clear between them. "Well, we decided to make things official," she said, her tone holding a hint of mischief.

"Official?" Dream echoed, a mix of surprise and curiosity in his voice.

Technoblade chimed in, "Yeah, we're engaged. Thought it was about time to take the plunge."

Dream's expression shifted, processing the unexpected news. "Engaged, huh? Never saw that coming. Congratulations, I guess."

(Y/n) thanked him with a gracious smile, "Thanks, Dream. We're pretty excited about it."

As Dream entered, (Y/n) motioned him inside while Technoblade closed the door behind them. Dream's eyes scanned the interior of the cabin, taking in the rustic furnishings and the warm glow of the fireplace.

"I gotta admit, I didn't see this coming," Dream remarked, referring to their engagement. "You and Techno, a couple."

(Y/n) chuckled, feigning surprise. "Life's full of surprises, isn't it? We just found something special."

Technoblade added, "Yeah, it's not all wars and battles. Sometimes, you stumble upon something unexpected."

Dream nodded, still processing the information. "Well, congrats again. I guess everyone has a side we don't see."

As they engaged in small talk, Dream's eyes occasionally flickered toward Tommy's invisible form stashed in the corner. (Y/n) and Technoblade expertly redirected the conversation, keeping the focus on their engagement and steering clear of any suspicious topics.