Chapter 10: Bucky?

Returning home from his morning run Sam hears a knock at his door, he opens the door to see Steve, Y/N, and Natasha.

Sam: Hey, man.

Steve: I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low.

Natasha: Everyone we know is trying to kill us.

Sam: Not everyone.

Sam lets them enter.

Y/N: Thank you.

Sam: Don't mention it.

Later as Steve, Natasha, and Y/N are cleaning up, Y/N notices Natasha looking sad and thoughtful.

Y/N: You, okay?

Natasha: Yeah.

Y/N: I know that face. What's wrong?

Natasha: When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore.

Y/N: Well, it like you said, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business.

Natasha smiles at him.

Natasha: I owe you.

Y/N: Don't worry it's fine.

Natasha: If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?

Y/N: Yes, without a doubt. I know you too well.

Natasha: Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who was transported here.

Y/N: It was scary at first, but I've grown used to this world.

Sam: I made breakfast. If you guys... eat that sort of thing.

Natasha: So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?

Steve: Pierce.

Natasha: Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world.

Steve: But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star.

Y/N: And so was Jasper Sitwell.

Steve: So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?

Sam: The answer is: you don't.

Sam drops a file in front of Steve.

Steve: What's this?

Sam: Call it a resume.

Natasha picks up a photo of Sam with his para-rescue team.

Natasha: Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you. You didn't say he was a para-rescue.

Steve: Is this Riley?

Sam: Yeah.

Natasha: I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?

Sam: No. These.

He hands Steve the file, Steve opens it and reads it.

Steve: I thought you said you were a pilot.

Sam: I never said pilot.

Steve: I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason.

Sam: Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in.