Chapter 12: Securing The Scepter

1 Year Later...

It's been one year since SHIELD fell. The Avengers assembled to wipe out the rest of HYDRA and to find Loki's scepter. The HYDRA agents all began to gear up to fight the Avengers as Wanda and Pietro held hands.

Announcer: Report to your stations immediately. This is not a drill. We are under attack. We are under attack.

Natasha was driving while Clint was shooting at the agents. A vehicle was following them, but Y/N uses the Power Stone to destroy it and uses the Space Stone to jump through multiple portals to keep up. Iron Man flies by helping Clint and Natasha. Another vehicle pulls up, but Thor throws the HYDRA agents out and flies towards a tower and knocks them off the tower. Captain America comes in with a motorcycle hitting multiple HYDRA agents with his shield a tank comes but Y/N uses the Mind Stone to let out a beam slicing the tank in half. Hulk comes in and throws the tank away as the Avengers come together and fight HYDRA. Iron Man flies towards the base but is stopped by a force field.

Iron Man: Shit!

Captain America: Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?

JARVIS: The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken.

Thor: Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last.

Natasha knocks out some soldiers.

Natasha: "At long last" is lasting a little long, boys.

Natasha shoots a soldier.

Clint: Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise.

Multiple soldiers fired at Clint. Y/N blasts multiple soldiers away.

Y/N: Strucker is going to be happy to see me again.

Iron Man: Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"

Captain America: I know.

He throws his bike at some soldiers driving up in their truck.

Captain America: It just slipped out.

At the HYDRA Research base, Strucker confronts one of his agents.

Strucker: Who gave the order to attack?

Fortress Soldier: Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers.

Fortress Soldier 2: They landed in the far woods, the perimeter guard panicked.

Strucker: They have to be after the scepter. Can we hold them?

Fortress Soldier: They're the Avengers!

Strucker: Deploy the rest of the tanks.

Fortress Soldier: Yes, sir.

Strucker: Concentrate fire on the weak ones. A hit can make them close ranks. Everything we've accomplished... But we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough.

Dr. List: Then let's show them what we've accomplished. Send out the twins.

Strucker: It's too soon.

Dr. List: It's what they signed up for.

Strucker: My men can hold them.

Iron Man flies to the HYDRA base to break in.

Jarvis: Sir, the city is taking fire.

Iron Man: Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion.