Chapter Twelve

TYSON'S POV

Aaliyah's head falls, her blonde hair covering her face as her shoulders begin to shake.

Great I made the girl cry.

I don't know why I did what I did to her. I know it was messed up and all but I couldn't help myself. I needed to see if the rumors were true, which they weren't. I found out shortly afterward.

But do I regret it?

I don't know. I mean I've never really have given her a second thought. She was a trailer park girl, the girl nobody liked. Which I don't understand, I mean her mother got knocked up, but that was it. Yet now, people are going to make fun of her even more because of me.

I put her back in her mother's shoes.

My phone goes off, making me avert my eyes away from her and down to my phone. Hannah's name flashes across the screen and my stomach drops.

Sighing, I pick the phone up and plaster a fake smile on my face. "Hey babe, what's up?"

"Have you heard about what's going around the school?" She asks and my heart instantly stops.

Do people already know? Nah, Aaliyah isn't one to spread shit.

"No, I haven't. What's going around?"

"People are saying that Henry, your best friend, is sleeping with Miss Blaise." She casually says as I bite my tongue to say that he is.

"Really? How come?"

"I don't know." She says as I nod my head and look back over to the window where Aaliyah sat talking to her mom.

"But anyway, I was thinking may-"

"Babe I'm going to have to call you back. There's something I need to do real fast." I say hanging up the phone before she could reply.

I turn my car off and give myself a little pep talk
before climbing out of my car once again before making my way back inside the diner.
I need to take care of this right here, right now.