Chapter Thrity-seven

Cassidy's POV-

I watched Hannah out like a hawk that next day
as we were at Baby's R Us. She was looking at different types of car seats that they had displayed and looked down a list that Aaliyah wrote of everything that she still needs.

I'm thrilled that Aaliyah asked me to help throw
her a baby shower, but I'm still hesitant towards Hannah. I know she's trying to make her relationship better with her sister, but the fact that Hannah used to do all those cruel things towards Aaliyah, tried to make my cousin is nothing more than a brother to me go against her knowing he liked her, it seemed too much like a Regina George.

But since I love Regina George, that's like something too nice t compare her to so l'm going to stick with an eel dipped in grease.

"So what one do you think would be beneficial for Aaliyah? Did she say what sort of car seat she was looking for?"

I pushed myself off the shopping cart and walked over to where she was standing and looked at the multiple car seats.

"She likes Winnie the Pooh so you can get her this one. It's super cute and it's unisex anyway." I say tapping on one of the Disney boxes. "Plus we can get the matching stroller to go with it."

Hannah nods her head out pursing her lips before a smile breaks out onto her face and puts both of the boxes in the cart and crossing them off the check list.

"Perfect! So what theme should the baby shower be? We need two more gifts by the way."

I nod my head and start pushing the cart away from the stroller and car seat department and made my way over to the baby clothes. I smile as I look all at the little tiny clothes that can fit tiny little humans and my heart swells.

I notice these monkey themed pajamas that had a monkey on the hoodie center where the zipper was and a white and yellow banana pictured onesie behind it with brown little pants. The hat was a cute little monkey head to go over it as well.

"How about this?" I ask holding up the outfit towards Hannah who was looking for a different outfit as well. She looks over at me and looks at the outfit and nods her head with a smile.

"You should definitely get that it's super adorable."

I nod my head smiling and place the clothes on top of the car seat box and stroll over to where Hannah was debating between two pairs of clothes.

One was a navy blue shirt with white sailor bottoms and the other was a grey hoodie and grey joggers.

"Get the sweater and joggers. Aallyah has a pair just like them." I say with a smile as I point over at the outfit in her left hand.

Hannah smiles and nods her head and throws it
along with two things of socks for the both of us.

We make our way towards the checkout counter, my eyes roaming around the store. Everywhere I looked there were either mother to be or families with small children's.

I could honestly see Tyson and Aaliyah coming here with little Boston.

"I just wanted to say thank you for giving me a chance," Hannah says cutting me off my inspection and snapping my direction towards her.

"What do you mean?" I asked folding my arms across my chest as I tilt my head to the side like a confused dog.

"Well, I know you know how I used to treat Aaliyah, which I totally regret to believe me and I'm really trying, I know she and the baby make Tyson happy and I want him to be happy because he was never happy with me."

"Why did it take you this long? You knew my cousin liked Aaliyah the day you two started dating."

Hannah bites her lip and looks down at the floor and releases a sigh "I was afraid I was going to lose him. That he would find out she was my secret sister and wanted the good one."

"So you decided to make him treat Aaliyah like shit, you continued to treat her like shit and made the girl have no trust issues. Hannah, you broke Aaliyah. It may not seem like it but you did."

"I know, but you also need to understand that it wasn't all just me. It wasn't me who just wanted Tyson to stay with me, it was his mother." She said shaking her head as I raise my eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?"

Hannah takes her hands through her hair and pushes it back from her face and gives me a pleading look.
"When Stacy found out that Tyson had feelings for Aaliyah back in freshman year, she made me, his girlfriend treat her like shit and make him try and release what kind of a girl she truly was."

"Why? Aaliyah is nothing like his mother claims she is! She's sweet and cares for others."

"I know, but I was so blinded by Stacy wanting to like me that I did it. she told me that she didn't want her son hanging with a low life like Aaliyah."

I shook my head in spite of anger. I knew Stacy was a bitch, a cold-hearted one to be exact, but I didn't think she'd cross the line to stop her only son from happiness.

God, what a fucking twatwaffle! I swear that bitch needs to be bitch slapped and put in her place.

She needs to get over the fact that Tyson loves Aaliyah and that they're going to have a family
and she needs to accept that. Because honestly, the world doesn't revolve around Stacy's giant head.

"Thank you for telling Hannah, but my guard is going to still be up around you though until you prove that you're willing to change."

Hannah smiles and nods her head. "I understand Cassidy."

I give her a smile before pushing the cart in front and pay for all of the things we needed.

So far, the baby shower is going to be amazing.

With the decorations and our share of the gifts all set out, all we need to do is do one thing that cane either ruin our friendship or fix a relationship, but all I know is that Hannah better be willing to go to the other side of the tracks.